Barróg Healthcare: Project Worker - Community Outreach / Aftercare (Dublin / Wicklow)
PROJECT / AFTERCARE WORKER
Barróg Healthcare is a family run organisation based in Dublin providing residential care and day packages nationwide to enable people who need support across the area’s of mental health, disability, aftercare, transitional and mainstream social care. Our programme’s are built around our central philosophy; to embrace the possibilities for each person in our care and work with external support agencies and local community groups to grow and foster independence towards an outcome of social interaction and purposeful contribution, celebrating the best of each person’s ability. We pride ourselves on working to support and champion both our service user’s and staff and welcome applications from any person that feels they would be a good fit within our organisation.
- Education Assistance
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Flexible working hours over a 7 day roster
- Continuous professional development
- Development and Career opportunities
- Employee uniform provided
- Sunday rate of pay applicable to all roles
Job Title: Project Worker: Community Outreach / Aftercare
Applications considered via: E-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications: Ongoing
Proposed Interview Dates: T.B.A
Contact for Informal Enquiries: email@example.com
Location of Post: A panel will be formed to fill vacancies. While locations will vary, in this instance we are specifically looking for candidates in the Dublin/Wicklow area.
Purpose of Role: At present the company has vacancies in aftercare, transitional care and within the sphere of outreach work with young people/vulnerable adults in the community living independently or in Family/Foster Care Setting.
Shifts Available: Shifts will vary to suit the specific client’s needs. Day shifts, twilight shifts and overnights are all available.
Principle Duties/ Responsibilities:
- To participate in the development and implementation of Care/Placement plans and to ensure appropriate recording of same.
- To promote the rights and responsibilities of each child/service user or vulnerable adult.
- To encourage attendance at school, training centres, medical and clinical appointments.
- To liaise with the parent, family, general services, and other agencies on behalf of the service user.
- To attend all team meetings in relation to the care and development of the service user.
- To link in and take direction from your Service Manager and/or Team Leader.
- To implement Barróg Healthcare’s policies and procedures.
- To work as a member of a team.
- Candidates must have a relevant qualification. At a minimum a B.A. in Social Care, Fetac Level 6, B.A. in Applied Social Studies or equivalent.
- Previous experience working with and supporting service users with challenging behaviour and mental health
- Working knowledge of regulatory compliance and HIQA standards
- Experience/knowledge of report writing and client support plans
The following training will be seen as an advantage:
- Administration of Medication, Childrens First, First Aid, Fire Safety, Safeguarding, MAPA
If you wish to apply for this post, please forward you CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . All applications and enquiries will be replied to promptly. A full job description and rate of pay for this role is available upon request.