Real Nation: Operations Manager
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Who we are:
Real Nation is a behaviour change company, specialising in educational initiatives and programmes, based in Dublin, working with clients across a diverse range of industries and sectors. Our unique and dynamic business is made up of four departments - Education, Events, Design & Experiential. Our work is evidenced based, impactful and award-winning, including a World Health Organisation award for Food Dudes Healthy Eating Programme.
What’s the opportunity:
Real Nation is recruiting for an Operations Manager on a permanent contract to lead agency operations and compliance. Working as our Operations Manager your responsibilities include managing, implementing, and improving the daily operational activities of the agency. As Operations Manager, you will report to the Managing Director.
To succeed as an Operations Manager, you should have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills. Suitable Operations Managers should be able to see and plan for the company’s future improvements whilst also ensuring the effective every day running of the company.
Objectives of this role:
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols and policies, ensuring all staff exercise good working practices and that targets are met, relevant policies and guidelines are upheld, and customer satisfaction is achieved
- Maintain constant communication with managers, staff, and suppliers to ensure proper operations of the company
- Increase the efficiency of existing processes and procedures to enhance the company’s internal capacity
- Oversee company compliance with Irish legislation and key rulings, both current and future, ensuring company policy & procedures are regularly reviewed, updated, and implemented; keeping staff up to date and informed of any changes.
- Identify and analyse the areas of potential operational risk threatening the success of the agency and suggest strategic solutions
- Work collaboratively with Heads of Department and HR to track staffing requirements, hiring, and training employees as needed
- Oversee and manage company overheads budget, identifying areas for cost saving and more efficient spending, and ensuring financial systems and procedures are in place and being adhered to across all departments
- Oversee all HR related issues (including payroll), acting as the main point of contact for Senior Management and HR consultant
- Line Manage the HR and Office Administrator to monitor all HR activity, ensuring correct systems and procedures (including record keeping) are being followed and that all Staff have relevant and up-to-date contracts
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable departments including credit and cash spending, keeping the Managing Director informed and the Financial Director up to date with appropriate documentation to facilitate payments and financial records
- Oversee the company’s facilities and assets management, making the most efficient use of company resources
- Provide facilities management, including planning and oversight of short and long-term facilities projects (e.g., move to new office), liaison for building services and lease management (if part letting office), and compliance oversight
- Responsible for safety functions including emergency preparedness, disaster recovery, business continuity, and evacuation procedures and plans
- Analyse and communicate agency performance levels (including areas of concern) and draw up action plans for improvement
- All other job-related tasks as required by your manager.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Operations Management, Business Administration, or related field
- Two or more years of proven success in an operations management role
- Good understanding of business risk management and compliance
- Strong skills in budget development and oversight
- A sharp business mind and proven ability to develop and implement efficient and effective organisational processes.
- Strong IT skills, including database development
- An ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- A positive and proactive mindset with the ability to make decisions, show initiative and solve problems
- Contract Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: €45,000
- Place of Work: Real Nation Office - Arran Quay, Dublin. (Hybrid model currently in place subject to review).
- Must have full right to live and work in Ireland
- Reporting to Managing Director
- A copy of your most recent CV and a one-page cover letter outlining why the role interests you and how you meet the role requirements, with examples, and your current notice period by Friday 2nd December
- Email to HR@realnation.ie with the subject ‘Job Application – Operations Manager’