St. Kevin’s School: Youth Worker (Part Time)
Youth Worker, St. Kevin’s After School Service, Infirmary Road, Cork. Roll no. 19788D
St. Kevin’s is a Department of Education recognised Special School. St. Kevin’s caters for the needs of 22 children, boys and girls aged 11-16 years who are deemed to be “at risk” in the community and who for a variety of reasons cannot cope with the demands of mainstream education. Many of the children can exhibit emotional/ behavioural difficulties.
St.Kevin’s After School Service provides an after school activities based programme for students of the school. The After School Service operates 3 days a week during the school year and a 1 week activities programme at the beginning of the summer holidays in July.
The Board of Management of St.Kevin’s invites applications for the positions of part time Youth Workers in St.Kevin’s After School Service, commencing in January 2023.
The position of part time Youth Worker is subject to continuing funding from the CETB/ Department of Children and Youth Affairs as part of the UBU Your Place Your Space scheme.
Qualifications and experience.
Third level qualification in Youth Work, Youth and Community, Community Development, Social Care or other relevant Third level qualifications and experience of working with ‘At Risk’ young people.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Experience of working with young people ‘At Risk’ and young people with emotional/ behavioural difficulties.
- Ability to foster positive relationships with young people.
- Ability to develop, organise and implement an activities based programme that will engage with young people.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Proficient IT skills.
- D1 Licence or willingness to obtain a D1 licence.
- 15 hours per week. 10.5 hours direct contact with young people. 4.5 hours admin/ prep.
- 1 week full day summer activities programme in the first week of July.
- Salary €18,400 per annum gross.
- After school service runs three days a week throughout the school year, September to the end of June. Monday, Wednesday 1:45 – 4:40 pm and Thursday 12:30 – 4:10 pm.
- You will work as a member of a two Youth Worker team under the direction of the Principal.
- In consultation with your Youth Worker colleague you will develop, organise and implement an activities based programme that engages the young people in St.Kevin’s.
- In consultation with your Youth Worker colleague you will record and monitor all expenditure directly linked with the allocated budget for the activities based programme.
- In consultation with your Youth Worker colleague you will prepare reports and supply information as requested by the Principal and the relevant Youth Officer of the CETB.
- The successful candidate will be required to complete Garda Vetting process before commencing employment.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 7th December 2022. Applications to be made by post only. Email applications will not be accepted.
Applications by CV and Cover Letter with references included.
Applications to be posted to:
Youth Worker Applications,
St. Kevin’s School
Short listing of candidates for interview will be applied.
St Kevin's is an equal opportunities employer.