TU Dublin Students Union: Operations Executive
Title: TU Dublin SU Operations Executive
Contract: Full-time with 6 months’ probation
Remote working This role will be primarily based onsite full-time (unless Government guidelines state otherwise)
Location: TU Dublin Students Union operates on the following campuses
- Blanchardstown Campus
- City Campus (Aungier Street, Bolton Street and Grangegorman)
- Tallaght Campus
TU Dublin SU is the organisation that represents the students of the TU Dublin. The Students Union comprises a core team of officers who are elected from the student body, by the student members, elected to implement the Constitution of the organisation.
As well as the elected team, there is also a team of professional staff employed by the Students Union, (TU Dublin SU CLG), in order to underpin the work and mandates of the elected officer team, through logistical and operational support. The staff work closely with the elected team in a purely non-representational capacity.
TU Dublin Students Union CLG is an autonomous organisation and is a separate employer to the TU Dublin.
This role would suit someone who has excellent organisational, administrative, and planning skills. Someone who enjoys scheduling, organising, keeping excellent files and systems. In conjunction with the CEO, this role will assist with a range of operational functions including HR administration and support, organising training and development, keeping health and safety records, coordinating governance matters and providing senior administrative support.
This is an exciting role in TU Dublin SU, Ireland’s largest Students’ Union. This role will work closely with the CEO and a diverse team of elected Student Representatives, as a part of the full-time staff support.
Due to its multi-faceted nature, the candidate should be able to show initiative and work well as part of a team. Due to the nature of this role, it will require flexible working.
This is an amazing opportunity to develop a wide range of skills in a friendly and dynamic environment. As this is a new role relevant tasks may be added to the role as it evolves.
- Oversee the day-to-day administrative duties of Human Resources for the organisation including personnel file management, assisting the management team with HR matters such as Performance management and organising Training and Development. *
- Provide high-level administrative support to the Board of TU Dublin SU CLG and its relevant subcommittees and working groups as necessary.
- Supporting the CEO in the maintenance of all Governance and Compliance requirements such as the maintaining the Risk Register, the Company Code of Governance and lobby reports.
- Liaise with the staff and officers across our locations to support local facilities management requirements such as repairs, upkeep, equipment ordering etc.
- Act as the Health & Safety Officer for the organisation and be the management representative on the Health & Safety Committee including all committee work and completing relevant reporting
- Develop and maintain a centralised system for company Calendar, Policies, Standard Operating Procedures, Staff handbook etc. Ensure these systems are kept up to date and relevant.
- Work closely with the CEO and provide executive support, including drafting and compiling presentations, reports, board packs etc. as required
- Perform any other duties assigned from time to time by the CEO and Board of TU Dublin SU CLG
* TU Dublin SU employs the services of a professional HR advisory consultancy service. The Operations Executive will be the main point of contact for queries and information, they are not expected to have a full HR background, but a working knowledge would be very desirable
- Excellent, proven administrative and organisational skills evidenced by a minimum of 2 years’ current and relevant experience in an administrative role
- Excellent proven time management and project management skills
- Excellent IT skills are required with a working proficiency of Microsoft Office Word and Excel as a minimum
- At least 1 year’s current experience in a busy Human Resources Role or similar
- Excellent working knowledge of Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Post Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualification
- Previous experience working with third-level students and/or young people
- Good working knowledge of data protection requirements
- Working knowledge of on-line tools to assist the organisation in its planning such as a project management took etc.
The successful candidate will have:
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- A hands-on individual with excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Proven ability to manage a varied workload in a flexible and diverse working environment
- Experience working in an environment that requires confidentiality and discretion
- The ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
How to apply
If you feel you are ready for this type of challenge and would like to apply, please submit your CV and completed job application form to- email@example.com by 5pm Monday 1st of November 2021. You will find the job application form as a downloadable link. No late applications will be accepted.
It is hoped that interviews will be taken in person at a Dublin City location following Government guidelines however they may take place remotely. Further details will be given to those candidates who are shortlisted for interview. Canvassing is strictly prohibited.
Due to limited resources, feedback will only be given to candidates who have been shortlisted for interview.