IES Abroad Dublin: Programme Coordinator
IES Abroad Dublin – Position Available
Job Title: Programmes Coordinator
Date: 11 October 2021
Application details: CV and cover letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, 5 November 2021
About IES Dublin:
IES Abroad is an American not-for-profit study abroad organization (www.iesabroad.org). We educate students to become global leaders through premier study abroad and internship programs, which offer students worldwide experiential learning opportunities that meet the highest standards of academic quality. IES Abroad Dublin, based in Rathmines, is currently recruiting for a Programmes Coordinator to provide student and administrative support to our programmes.
To make arrangements for all customised programmes (short-term programmes) including:
- Creating schedules for programmes visiting Ireland and making relevant bookings for housing, classrooms, orientations, activities, trips and events, etc.
- Planning, developing and implementing field trips, events and activities.
- Accompanying student groups on business and cultural visits and on student activities; arranging leap cards and tickets; managing bookings etc.
- Providing student and administrative support for all customised programmes, including liaising with IES Abroad Chicago and partner colleges to ensure all paperwork is in place, creating welcome packs, faulty lead packs and documenting any issues that arise.
- Meeting students at the airport/student housing, assisting checking in students/faculty at housing
- Ensuring that the shared calendar is up to date with all programme details
- Providing support for SAF Programmes (remote & in person)
- Assisting in creating proposals for future programmes
- Providing high quality customer service to students and faculty
- Working on occcasional one-off projects and providing general support for Assistant Director
- Maintaining a helpful and pro-active presence at all times
To support Student Affairs team in all aspects of student affairs operations including:
- Providing support in matters relating to student housing in collaboration with the Student Affairs and Wellness Manager
- Assisting in design and implementation of a coherent orientation programme and materials, with a focus on the general transition to a new academic and cultural environment to include welcome and farewell events for students
- Responsibility for completing and updating student records and communicating updates to relevant parties
- Making all arrangements for field trips and communicating up to date information to students regarding trips.
- Attending field trips and events as a lead staff member. Field trips constitute weekend work for which overtime or toil will be offered
- Assisting students needing medical attention by referring them to local healthcare providers
To provide general programme support:
- Supporting the DiscoverIES programme
- Managing centre social media
- Taking the 24/7 on-call phone as required (on a rota basis)
- Providing front of house cover supporting students and lecturers with general queries.
- Participate in all training as required.
- Promoting an inclusive, supportive and positive environment for students and staff.
- General administrative tasks – such as ordering supplies, answering phones
- All other projects and duties as assigned by the Centre Director, Assistant Director or Student Affairs and Wellness Manager.
- This is a student facing role that requires working in an office with occasional out of office hours responsibilities.
- Fluency in English
- Degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years administrative experience
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including colleagues, students, parents and partners.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Flexibility; ability to work independently and eager to work in a team environment
- Excellent knowledge of Dublin and ability to lead groups around the city.
- Experience working with American/Japanese/Chinese students
- Experience living/studying abroad
€36,000-€38,000 commensurate with experience
Full-time, permanent with standard probationary period. Work permit required.