UL Student Life: Student Engagement Co-ordinator
Student Engagement Co-ordinator
We are currently recruiting for the following position: Student Engagement Co-ordinator, which is a role within the Student Engagement Team. This role reports to the Head of Student Engagement.
Main purpose of this role
The main purpose of this role is to deliver on the objectives for student engagement, as outlined in the UL Student Life Strategic Plan 2021-2024 “Building on Success”. These are:
- To develop and expand the number and diversity of events and engagement opportunities on and off campus.
- To enhance the student experience, online and offline using a variety of entertainment, sport, media, events, seminars, mini-conferences to achieve those objectives.
- To assist with the plan to return to campus for 2021/2022 and to co-ordinate a number of events traditionally in the academic calender including Charity Week and the Graduation Ball
More about our team
UL Student Life is the representative body for over 16000 students at University of Limerick.
Our Vision is to be a world-renowned trailblazing students’ body recognised for championing students and delivering the best university life experience. By taking an open, inclusive and non-judgemental approach, we will create an environment enabling students’ to foster lifelong relationships during their time in university.
Our Mission is to continuously improve the lives of students by welcoming them into a friendly, fun environment that gives a real sense of belonging. We are committed to supporting the ever-changing needs of students in modern day society. As a team, we work together; listening, adapting and ultimately improving our students’ university life experience.
Our Values Student-led and student-centred; Committed to acting with integrity; Inclusive and welcoming; Professionally organised; Collaborative; Innovative; Representative of all in UL; Responsive to students needs; Adaptive to students demands
Key objectives of this role
- Develop and expand the number and diversity of events and engagement opportunities on and off campus to enhance the student experience, including designing and delivery of a variety of in-person and digital engagement events and activities.
- Explore and develop partnerships with on campus stakeholders to develop student engagement opportunities, linking in with students, Student Officers, UL Sport, Campus Life Services, UL Global, the Faculties and with off campus stakeholders e.g. entertainment providers, event management companies.
- Required to be flexible and adaptable to changing expectations and trends in student entertainment, including events, seminars, media, broadcasting and podcasting
- Co-ordinate and manage the budget for events and engagement opportunities which will include exploring funding and sponsorship opportunities.
- Contribute to the mapping of the ‘student life’ pathway for our diverse student population which includes international students, commuter students, mature students, students with a disability and traditional school leavers by developing a student life service plan for alternative / additional services, events and engagements for these students to enhance and improve engagement.
- Ensure that diversity and inclusion is core to the delivery of the offering of entertainment & engagement opportunities
- Implementing an annual student survey / listening exercise to keep Student Life on trend and focussed on the developing needs of student entertainment and engagement opportunities
- Provide advice and support to students to run their own events and activities particularly UL Clubs & Societies
- Manage the new MSL student engagement portal being introduced in late 2021 and maintain up to date awareness of trends and developments in digital engagement platforms and activities.
Essential qualifications & experience
- A third level qualification in a relevant discipline is essential
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing projects similar to those outlined in the key objectives of the role is essential
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office suite is essential
- Experience in using Adobe suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and WordPress, experience in poster design and video editing is essential, experience with media platforms / broadcasting, podcasting desirable.
- Experience using social media on behalf of an organisation is essential
- Experience of using communication platforms like Zoom and MS Teams essential
- Experience of involvement with a student representative or similar membership organisation is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential.
- Ability to work flexibly, manage working time effectively and prioritise projects appropriately essential.
At UL Student life, our aim is to bring our strategic plan ‘Building on Success’ to fruition. We aim to do this by committing to a collaborative approach between student bodies, third parties, our leaders and our team of dedicated staff.
Our strategic plan has been specifically created to support our mission to ‘continuously improve the life of students’.
To support this mission, the EVOLVE competency framework model has been created at UL Student Life to ensure that each team member has the opportunity to deliver this strategy to the highest possible standard.
Through the implementation of this framework, it is envisaged that the delivery of strategic goals can take place in tandem with the development of each individual’s personal and professional goals, core skills and competencies. The 5 key behaviours and competencies we look for in our team are Creativity; Team Work & Collaboration; Self-Management; Communications and Student Centred.
We welcome applications from those who feel they possess these key competencies and behaviours.
Working at UL Student Life
This is a full-time position with UL Student Life with core office hours and a requirement for flexibility to work some unsocial hours as and when required and will be based at the Student Centre, University of Limerick. A salary scale of €34,009 - €46,435 will apply to the successful candidate and a probationary period.
UL Student Life offers you the opportunity to work in an exciting and progressive environment and enjoy great staff benefits including:
- A contributory pension scheme
- Annual leave of 26 days, exclusive of public holidays, company days and wellbeing days throughout the year and several other policies and benefits
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted gym membership
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com outlining clearly, how your experience matches the essential and desirable experience and qualifications required for this role
Please mark your application ‘Co-ordinator’ in the subject field of your email
Closing date is Monday August 16th at 5.00pm