Saint John of God Community Services - Liffey Services: Instructors – Day Services (Kildare)
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Saint John of God Community Services Liffey Services supports individuals with intellectual disabilities to be active participants within the community that they live. Saint John of God Liffey Services invites applications for the position of Instructor in our Day Services based in the Kildare area (Celbridge/ Maynooth/ Leixlip) to provide support to individuals with an intellectual disability.
Instructors – Day Services (Kildare)
Permanent – Full-time, Part-time & Relief Roles
(Post ref: KDSINSJUN21)
The successful candidate must have:
- Relevant third level qualification in Social Care, Education, Training, etc. (QQI Level 6 Major Award or higher)
- Minimum of 1 year working with people with Support Needs, preferably intellectual disability
- Experience in Person Centred Planning
- Experience in Positive Behaviour Supports
- Ideally experience working with people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Enthusiasm, creativity and empathy for working with people across the spectrum of intellectual disabilities.
- Willingness to support individuals in their personal care if require.
- Knowledge of HSE National Policy of Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons.
- A commitment to HSE New Directions Policy.
- The initiative and ability to support individuals with a disability to have valued social roles and become active citizens accessing mainstream services within the local and wider community.
- An awareness and understanding of alternative communication aids and assistive technology.
- Proficient Information, Communication and Technologies (ICT) skills
- Full clean driving licence and a willingness to drive as part of role.
By applying for this position you are giving Saint John of God Community CLG. consent to have your personal data stored for the purpose of this competition only.
If you believe you have the necessary enthusiasm, competencies and experience to bring to this role, please forward a cover letter and CV (including written explanation for any gaps in employment), to the Human Resources Department, Saint John of God Community Services Liffey Services, St Raphael’s, Celbridge, Co. Kildare or by email to LiffeyServicesRecruitment@sjog.ie . (Please include the post reference number in the subject line of your application – Kds
Applications will be short-listed on the information supplied in the Curriculum Vitae and a panel may be formed from which future vacancies will be filled.
Full Job Description available from the HR dept. or by email at LiffeyServicesRecruitment@sjog.ie
Closing date: 15th June 2021 Interview Dates: 22nd & 23rd June 2021
Please note that due to high volumes of applications we can only respond to candidates who have been shortlisted.
Saint John of God Community Services ClG is an equal opportunities employer.