Mental Health Ireland: Peer Educator - National Forensic Mental Health Services
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Peer Educator .4 days per week NFMHS
Specified Purpose Contract – 24 Months (Part time post 29.6 hours)
Initially based in the NFMHS Dundrum campus, moving Summer 2021 to the NFMHS Portrane campus.
The National Forensic Mental Health Service (NFMHS) is a national tertiary mental health service and an integral part of the Health Service Executive’s Mental Health Division. The NFMHS is the only forensic mental health service for the population of Ireland. It works with local mental health services and prisons in every part of the country. Treatment programmes are provided in accordance with a specialised model of care in order to optimise recovery.
The NFMHS is partnering with Mental Health Ireland is partnering with Mental Health Ireland to develop, deliver and embed National Mental service Recovery education priorities the service. This is achieved by adopting an educational approach to recovery in mental health through the development of modules which will be delivered within the NFMHS recovery college.
Mental Health Ireland, in association with HSE and National Forensic Mental Health Service is recruiting for a Peer Educator to lead and co-manage the development and delivery of the recovery college.
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
- A strong and demonstrable commitment to recovery informed by lived mental health experience.
- A track record and demonstrable competence in the support and development of projects and new initiatives that promote positive mental health.
- Experience of group facilitation or similar engagement process with service users and family members as relevant to this role.
- Experience of working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders as relevant to this role.
- Insight and awareness of issues relating to Forensic Mental Health Services especially as relevant to recovery processes and approaches in this area
- Will hold a relevant qualification in education, training, development, facilitation, coaching and mentoring or proven relevant experience.
- At least two years of experience working in a mental health or community development field.
- Experience of active involvement in mental health recovery education.
This position is a 2 year fixed term specific contract post based initially at the Central Mental Hospital in Dublin 14 and will be moving to the NFMHS Portrane campus in Summer 2021. Please forward a CV and letter of application to email@example.com
Download the job description here. https://www.mentalhealthireland.ie/mental-health-ireland-jobs/
Closing date for applications is Thursday 6th May 2021 at 4pm. Applications received after this time will not be accepted.
Informal inquiries can be made to Emily Jones – firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held week commencing Week commencing 17th May 2021. Shortlisting will apply.
Please forward a CV and Cover letter of application to email@example.com.