Portobello Institute: Validations Coordinator
Overview of Portobello Institute
Portobello Institute is committed to providing and developing educational courses to meet the challenges of an increasingly diverse student base and demanding workplace. The purpose of the institute is to make education accessible to students who have an interest in the sectors Portobello Institute offers education in. We believe through the superior support mechanisms we have in place, our students can achieve their personal best, making a dream career or further study opportunity a reality.
We do this by small classes and treating each student as an individual. We employ programme management and delivery teams who believe what we do and will go the extra mile to support a student to achieve their desired goal. We build strong connections with our industry partners and employers and offer students valuable practical insight and work placements in their chosen sectors. We operate with honesty, integrity and transparency with our validating partners to ensure a strong belief in the professionalism and credibility of our academic management.
Portobello Institute’s positioning in the market is a premier position and therefore all communication, touchpoints with current, future and past pupils, engagement with validating bodies, industry connections and associations must reflect this position.
Purpose & Vision for the role of Validations Coordinator
The role of the Validations Coordinator is fundamental to achieving success outlined above. The Validations Manager must act in a manner that reflects the brand purpose and market positioning of the Institute. It is the responsibility of the validations manager to drive the performance of the academic and operational teams to support the development and validation of new programmes in the Institute.
There is very limited travel involved and the responsibilities are as detailed below:
Overview of Key Responsibilities:
Role and responsibilities of Validations Coordinator
- To manage all operational validation activities within the Institute
- To lead the development of programme and module proposals, including providing feedback though pre-validation activity
- To work closely with all departments and the Quality Department to ensure the operation of a validated environment according to QQI guidelines and other regulatory requirements
- To lead and/or guide the scheduling, planning and review of validation activities
- To manage and/or assist with the production and development of documentation required for validations, re-validations, annual monitoring and audits
- To manage all facets of assigned validation projects while maintaining strong communication with client representative on project status and assistance needed
- To lead the preparation of documentation and materials for formal approval by the Awarding body and/or either directly or through the work of a formal validation panel or working group the means by which specific programmes will be approved
- To manage proposed changes to programmes which are to be treated as modifications or re-validation (e.g., RFIs)
- To organise validation events
- To liaise with validating bodies and the programme development teams on ongoing programme development
- To work as part of a team of module leaders, lecturers and associate lecturers, to ensure the successful design, deployment and delivery of the programme
- Where relevant, liaison with Professional and Statutory bodies regarding the administrative arrangements relating to accreditation
- To keep abreast of national policy developments as they relate to validation requirements and quality assurance policies and advise the Director and others, as appropriate
- To maintain knowledge and understanding of external body requirements such as QQI, HEA and other professional bodies in the FE and HE sector
The candidate should send a CV to email@example.com before the 30/10/2020. Candidates should have relevant experience of working in academic validations in FE or HE and have at least an Honours Degree in a relevant discipline.