Galway Roscommon Education & Training Board: Administrative Officer - Senior Training Advisor
Post Title: Administrative Officer - Senior Training Advisor
Grade: Grade VII
Initial Location: Further Education and Training
Capacity: Fixed Term – 2 years
Reporting to: Area Training Manager
Initial Headquarters: The post holder will be initially located in the GRETB Training Centre, Mervue, Galway, however, the post holder could be moved to another area of the organisation as required.
The Position: The Administrative Officer – Senior Training Advisor will provide a range of training advisory services and supports to apprentices, employers, schools, individuals and stakeholders on a national and regional basis as required.
Initial Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer and co-ordinate all the activities of the Standard Based Apprenticeship Scheme under the following headings:
- Promoting the scheme and educating employers, apprentices and other parties in the conditions of the scheme.
- Evaluating the suitability of employers, in all trades, to employ apprentices and training their assessors to carry out the assessments necessary for the “on-the-job” phases.
- Monitoring the activities of the employers to ensure that the apprentice is being trained to the required standard and that assessments are being carried out correctly and returned to SOLAS on time.
- Operating the Data Processing System to ensure that all Data is up to date and accurate.
- Assisting in the scheduling of apprentices for the “off-the-job” phases to ensure that all courses are utilised to their maximum capacity.
- Assisting in the processing of “off-the-job” assessment results and appeals procedures etc.
- Assisting in all the administrative work necessary to ensure the smooth running of the Standard Based Apprenticeship and the provision of a quality service to our clients.
- Be familiar with the previous ANCO/FAS/SOLAS employer/apprentice schemes to provide a service to clients when requested.
- Promote the various sectored initiatives, which are developed from time to time by GRETB and or national partners.
- Liaise with SOLAS, other agencies and representative bodies on behalf of GRETB.
- Establish and chair meetings on behalf of GRETB.
- Assist in the provision of a certification service for the training of the employed.
- Liaise with other units of SOLAS and provide manpower or other intelligence information when required.
- Assist with graduation ceremonies for apprentices and learners.
- Liaise with other relevant agencies and representative bodies where necessary.
- As requested by the manager, obtain and collate data appropriate to the ongoing maintenance of an integrated manpower and training development plan for the region.
- Undertake any other duties / projects as requested by the CE/Manager/Director of FET.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
Terms of Appointment
The post is a whole-time temporary position, two year contract.
Remuneration: €55,846 - €72,602 (including 2 Long Service Increments)
IMPORTANT NOITCE RE: SALARY: As per DES guidelines, new appointees who are entering this grade for the first time will start at the minimum point of the scale. Incremental credit may only apply, if, immediately prior to appointment, the appointee is already a serving Civil or Public Servant. Rate of remuneration may be adjusted from time to time in line with Government pay policy. Starting Salary is not subject to negotiation
Hours of work:
A 35-hour week is in operation. Hours may be adjusted from time to time under relevant Public Sector Agreements.
The Annual Leave entitlement for this post is 29 days.
How to Apply:
Completed application form must be submitted through the online portal by the deadline of 12 noon, Tuesday, 5th December 2023.