Kilkenny LEADER Partnership: Development Worker
Urlingford, Co. Kilkenny
21 hours per week.
The recently established Urlingford Town Team comprises a number of people who have come together on a voluntary basis, to work with the Kilkenny County Council, Kilkenny LEADER Partnership and others to tackle current challenges and a capitalise on opportunities to regenerate Urlingford and improve the quality of life for the local community. To this end Kilkenny LEADER Partnership in collaboration with the Town Team and the Local Enterprise Office are seeking to recruit a Development Worker.
The focus of this role will be:
- Supporting the upgrade and development the community hall as a resource for the local community.
- Support the opening and development of business plan for the Remote Working Hub in the town.
- Working with community groups, Kilkenny County Council, and other parties to explore sectoral /cluster alongside economic opportunities for the area.
- Improve outdoor facilities, explore walkability, leisure spaces and town trails.
- Work with partners such as Kilkenny Co Co to ensure the local infrastructure is fit for purpose.
- Support gathering of key partners around improvement of broadband in the town.
- Linking town to ecological, social, and economic opportunities attached to re-wetting of bogs in the region and other natural and heritage resources in the town and its hinterland.
- Support the development of broad community connection to these activities using community development processes.
- Delivering the development and delivery of community events that support the building of civic pride.
- Relevant educational qualification at degree level or higher/equivalent – ideally in training/education/personal development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication & coordination skills
- Excellent administration skills
- Excellent people management skills
- A proven track record in the delivery of programme related targets.
- A good working knowledge of the Training & Education, Employment and Local Development sectors.
Please forward a full CV and letter of application to: Martin Rafter. Kilkenny LEADER Partnership. Patricks Court. Patrick St. Kilkenny. Tel: 056 7752111.
Closing date for applications by email: firstname.lastname@example.org: 5 pm Friday 31.03.2023.
Region: Urlingford, Co Kilkenny
Source URL: https://www.activelink.ie/vacancies/community/98731-kilkenny-leader-partnership-development-worker