Barróg Healthcare: Aftercare Social Care Workers
Aftercare Social Care Workers: Clongriffin, Tallaght, Rialto and Walkinstown, Dublin and Naas, Kildare.
Purpose of Role
Aftercare services are support services that build on and support the work that has already been undertaken by many including, foster carers, social workers and residential workers in preparing young people for adulthood. Everyone has a key role to play in preparing young people to reach their developmental milestones.
Barróg Healthcare is a family run organisation based in Dublin providing residential care and day packages nationwide to enable people who need support across the area’s of mental health, disability, aftercare, transitional and mainstream social care. Our programme’s are built around our central philosophy; to embrace the possibilities for each person in our care and work with external support agencies and local community groups to grow and foster independence towards an outcome of social interaction and purposeful contribution, celebrating the best of each person’s ability. We pride ourselves on working to support and champion both our service user’s and staff and welcome applications from any person that feels they would be a good fit within our organisation.
- Flexibility on working hours
- Competitive starting salary
- Sunday overtime rate
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme and tax-free bus/Luas/rail/coach tickets
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Promotion and development opportunities
- Support for further education and training
- Uniform provided
- Pension scheme (PRSA)
- Refer a friend bonus
- Discounted driving lessons
Shifts Available: Night shifts, day shifts, sleepover shifts all available. Shifts vary by location, please get in contact for specifics of each location (email@example.com for queries)
Salary: Starting from €15 per hour
Job Type: Full time, part time and relief roles available.
Principle Duties/ Responsibilities:
- To participate in the development and implementation of Care/Placement plans and to ensure appropriate recording of same.
- To promote the rights and responsibilities of each child/service user or vulnerable adult.
- To encourage attendance at school, training centres, medical and clinical appointments.
- To liaise with the parent, family, general services, and other agencies on behalf of the service user.
- To attend all team meetings in relation to the care and development of the service user.
- To link in and take direction from your Service Manager and/or Team Leader.
- To implement Barróg Healthcare’s policies and procedures.
- To work as a member of a team.
- Candidates must have a relevant qualification, at a minimum a B.A. in Social Care, Fetac Level 7, B.A. in Applied Social Studies or equivalent.
- Previous experience working with and supporting service users with challenging behaviour and mental health seen as an advantage
- Experience/knowledge of report writing and client support plans seen as an advantage
Clongriffin: APPLY HERE!
Tallaght: APPLY HERE!
Rialto: APPLY HERE!
Walkinstown: APPLY HERE!
Naas: APPLY HERE!