FIT: Local Training Initiative Assistant Coordinator x 2
Job Description Role: Local Training Initiative Assistant Coordinator
Closing Date: Currently Recruiting
Reporting to: LTI Coordinator
Place of Work: Aerbridge House, Dunshaughlin, Co.Meath & FIT Office Ballina, Co. Mayo
Working Hours: 39 hours per week. The typical working day is 8.30am – 5.00 pm, but the post holder will be required to work outside normal working hours (i.e. evenings and weekends) on occasion. Occasionally the post holder may be requested to attend the FIT head office in Glasnevin. Hours may also be open to job share for the right candidate.
Employer Profile: FIT’s mission is to promote an inclusive Smart Economy by creating a fast track to marketable technical skills for those most vulnerable to sustained long-term unemployment. It is the primary industry skills development initiative in Ireland. In collaboration with Louth and Meath Education and Training Board, FIT is currently seeking an appointment to assist in implementing and day-to-day coordination of an innovative (LTI) Local Training Initiative Programme, which will be located in Dunshaughlin Co.Meath.
Role Outline and Context: This LTI programme will provide accredited training in two separate streams: ICT and advanced manufacturing. It will also identify progression routes into further training, education, and employment options available to participants. The LTI Assistant Coordinator will assist and contribute to the day-to-day implementation of the LTI programme in consultation with all stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the coordination of a full-time LTI programme,
- Assist in the promotion and recruitment of participants for the programme,
- Administer the registration of learners with LMETB,
- Design and evaluate training provision,
- Assist with the accreditation of the LTI modules,
- Hold regular meetings with external tutors to develop ongoing work plans/ schedules to ensure smooth management of the project,
- Provide individual support and evaluation to all learners,
- Assist in the evaluation of learners progress with regular group and individual sessions,
- Monitor individual learning plans with learners and facilitate progression to other forms of training, education, or employment,
- Comply with all LMETB and FIT quality assurance requirements,
- To deliver mandatory QQI and City and Guilds training modules, including technical, employability, work experience, and soft skills modules.
- Have a third level academic qualification,
- Have a recognised training qualification,
- Have some experience of working with economically, socially, geographically and /or educationally disadvantaged learners,
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills,
- Have experience of training QQI modules NFQ Level 4 and 5 standard,
- Possess strong organisational skills,
- Competence in IT systems,
- Have the ability to work on own initiative as well as a part of a team,
- Experience and ability to deal with the public,
- Have a proven track record in administration, including budget management, corporate governance, time-tabling, and scheduling.
DATA PROTECTION AND CONFIDENTIALITY: All staff are responsible for ensuring that any personal data which they hold is kept securely; personal information is not disclosed either orally or in writing or accidentally or otherwise to any unauthorised third party, and personal data is only used for the purpose for which it is being held.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES: It is the responsibility of the post holder to promote equal opportunity and recognition of diversity throughout the apprenticeship programme.
HEALTH AND SAFETY: The post holder will be required to: promote health, safety, and welfare in all aspects of the apprenticeship programme and to undertake their duties and responsibilities in full accordance with the FIT’s Health & Safety Policy and Procedures and take responsible steps to safeguard their own safety and that of others with whom they work.