Áiseanna Tacaíochta: Personal Care Assistant - Carlow / Wicklow / Wexford Border
AT is currently recruiting a Full-time Personal Care Assistant to assist a young man with a disability.
Áiseanna Tacaíochta (ÁT) provides leadership and support to people with disabilities to live with the independence, choice and freedom they are entitled to. For the first time in Ireland, we facilitate Direct Payments to people with disabilities, enabling them to take control of their own budgets, their own services and, ultimately, their own lives.
The Personal Care Assistant is required to assist a young man with a disability. The successful candidate will receive training and development in line with the role. This role is suitable for a motivated and reliable individual who is committed to providing care and support.
About the role:
Based on Carlow/Wicklow/Wexford border. This is a person-centred role that involves supporting and caring for a young man with intellectual and physical disabilities in his own environment.
- Full-time position (A combination of weekdays and weekends, 10-12 hour shifts)
- Competitive rates of Pay
- Training is offered as part of the job
Key Duties and Responsibilities :
- Provide personal care duties
- Food prep & meal planning, keep a homely environment,
- Attending and assisting to community outings and social activities and events when needed.
- To undertake other work that may be assigned from time to time
Essential for the role :
- Level 5/6 Healthcare or Social Care degree, or equivalent experience in home care
- Full clean driver’s license
- Ability to create plans & activities that will enable positive daily living.
- Have a cheerful, caring, positive and dependable personality.
- Excellent communication skills with a positive nature
- An understanding of the social model of disability
Please note: Applicants for the position must provide suitable references and employment offers are contingent on the completion of Garda Vetting
This is a great opportunity for anyone who enjoys using their own initiative in creating a homely environment.
Contact details: Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone between 9-6pm 01-5250707
For more information on our organisation please visit our website - https://www.theatnetwork.com/