Personal Assistant - Maynooth
Personal Assistant (PA) required to assist a young man with a physical disability in Maynooth, County Kildare area.
The overall purpose of the job is to facilitate Independent living and support a person with disability in the community.
- To accompany person in community, college societies, and social outings
- Assist with writing where required ie. scribing
- Some elements of personal care is required
- Toileting assistance when required which requires hoisting
Hours of work
- 11 hrs per week with a view to increasing.
- Mostly evening work, to be arranged with the person directly to cover approx 3 evenings per week. Flexibility is required on days/times of work however all is negotiable.
- Basic Hourly rate of pay is €14.22/hour
Anti-social rates apply as follows
- Basic x 1.25 for after 8.00pm
- Basic x 1.5 on Sundays
- Basic x 2 Bank holidays
Qualifications and attributes
- Successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in Ireland
- No qualifications required for the role as relevant mandatory training will be provided by Irish Wheelchair Association (IWA)
- Successful candidate must be available to attend mandatory training
- Good Spoken & Written English is essential
- Computer literacy (preferred)
- Garda vetting completed by IWA will be essential
- Drivers License would be an advantage
This is a great opportunity for an energetic young person with a good sense of humor, who has the ability to adapt to new people & environments when attending networking/sociable events.
To apply for the position please submit your CV to: AppPAForAlan@gmail.com
The successful candidate will be employed by The Irish Wheelchair Association funded by the HSE and will follow directions from the service user.
Region: Co Kildare
Source URL: https://www.activelink.ie/vacancies/community/97449-personal-assistant-maynooth