Depaul: Project Group Manager - Cork Services
Depaul believes that everyone should have a place to call home and a stake in their community. Our aim is to work with those who are socially excluded and marginalised by providing a quality led service in order to produce the best possible outcomes for those accessing our services. We strive to empower our service users to make choices and decisions about the way they live their lives. We work in partnership with central and local government, housing associations and other non-governmental organisations.
Depaul is an equal opportunities employer, we offer a 35 hour working week, generous leave entitlements and a pension scheme. We support all staff with regular supervision and core training.
Depaul wishes to recruit to the following role:
Project Group Manager
Across Cork Services
Salary €53871.42 per annum,
Full-Time, 35 hours per week
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to provide leadership and support to our organisation’s central services in Cork Depaul is a values-led organisation working with a number of services throughout Dublin and Belfast. This role will oversee the line management of a number Depaul services and provide support and supervision to the Local Management Team in these services. The post holder will report directly to our Senior Services Managers.
2. Key Areas of Responsibility
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure a healthy local management team is maintained in each project
OVERARCHING SERVICE DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT
- To fully participate in the Service Department Team responsibilities including attending SDT meetings, contributing to strategic planning, year planning, internal audits, etc.
- Assist projects in establishing targets and objectives and to do this in conjunction with the senior service team.
- Carry out project appraisals and report findings to the senior service teams
- Responsible for the financial expenditure and budgets of project within post
LIAISON AND REPRESENTATION
- Represent Depaul externally with a wide range of other voluntary agencies, statutory partners and other funders as agreed with the Senior Services Manager
- Participate in the 24/7 on-call rota
- Ensure that all Depaul policies and procedures are being adhered to
- Participate in regular supervision and annual appraisal of staff and self
- Undertake any other duties that may be required which are commensurate with the role
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles is required from time to time.
3. Person Requirements
- Degree and/or professional management or social work qualification
- At least 2 years’ managing a department or service within an organisation. The experience must include responsibility for the management of staff, budgets and strong external agency communication and relationship building
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in managing a staff team
- Experience in staff supervision
- Knowledge of performance management
- Qualities of leadership, evidenced through a track record of successfully motivating staff, ideally through a difficult period of start-up or change
- Ability to set goals, review outcomes and change priorities in line with innovation and ability to think strategically
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and to produce clear written reports and letters on complex issues
- Possess computer literacy
- Ability to work within and develop Quality Standards within homeless services
- Commitment to consultative ways of working
- Commitment to meeting the needs of excluded and marginalised people and providing a high standard of service
- Respect for the values and ethos of the organisation
- Commitment to low threshold and harm reduction work
Proficient use of IT required in role, including email in a professional capacity.
Online Application Procedure:
Please complete our online application process available on our website
For more information, please contact Human Resources:
Tel: 00 353 1 453 7111 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all applications: Monday 13th February 2023 at 9:00am.
Panels will be formed from which future vacancies may be filled