Family Carers Ireland: Accounts Payable & Payroll Officer
Accounts Payable & Payroll Officer
(Open to Public Competition)
Family Carers Ireland (FCI) is the national charity supporting over 500,000 family carers across the country who dedicate their lives to caring for loved ones such as children or adults with physical or intellectual disabilities, frail older people, those with palliative care needs or those living with chronic illnesses or addiction. We provide a range of services and supports for family carers through our resource centres nationwide.
As a member of the Corporate Services Team, the Accounts Payable & Payroll Officer will report to the Financial Controller. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing a fortnightly payroll for c. 350 casual staff and a monthly payroll for c. 130 salaried staff. This role will also be responsible for the management of accounts payable with c. 300 invoices a month ensuring adherence to the organisations policies and procedures with regard to management of same.
Role Criteria: The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Candidates should have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a busy Payroll department and a thorough understanding of Irish payroll legislation is essential.
- IPASS Payroll Technician qualification, Accounts Payable experience and knowledge of Sage Micropay would be an advantage.
- Strong IT aptitude essential.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills required.
- Experience of the Exchequer system is advantageous.
- Strong communication skills and confident phone manner is essential and the ability to work on your own initiative.
- High levels of motivation and initiative.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work within a dynamic environment.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail is essential.
- Positive disposition.
- Flexible attitude in response to organisational change and development.
- Has the ability to work well both individually and as part of the Finance team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to maintain relationships and negotiate effectively across all levels within and outside Family Carers Ireland.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interpret organisational policies and procedures and to make decisions based on sound reasoning on a wide variety of issues reflecting the general diversity of the job description.
Terms & Conditions: One-year specified purpose contract to cover maternity and other related leave (37 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 9 am to 5.30pm and 9am to 5pm Friday). The successful candidate will be based at Family Carers Ireland, Market Square, Tullamore Co Offaly. The remuneration for this role includes an annual salary of €36,000 - €38,000 (depending on experience) and access to a defined contribution pension scheme. The annual leave entitlement for this role working full-time from January to December is 26 days.
Application Process - Applicants are invited to submit their up-to date CV and cover letter demonstrating how they meet the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday 7th February 2023.
Family Carers Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer