Crosscare: Social Care Worker – Homeless Services Family Hub
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Position Title: Social Care Worker – Homeless Services Family Hub
Crosscare is the social care agency of the Dublin Diocese and is a registered charity.
Crosscare delivers services with a servant leadership ethos. Crosscare’s Homeless Services operate a range of residential services targeting adults & families experiencing homelessness. The services aim to move people out of homelessness and into homes of their own.
Location: Family Hub, Clonliffe Road
Work Schedule: Full Time 38.5 Hours per week. 7 day rota (including evening & weekends – Days)
Reporting to: Project Leader /Deputy Project Leader
To provide a critical service in 24-hour short term residential services to adult men, women and their families experiencing homelessness. Those living with us are placed with the aim of our services assisting them to secure a long-term home whilst ensuring all supports and personal attributes required to sustain their home are put in place. We are committed to delivering the highest standard of care possible and working closely with other colleagues in care planning and case management in line with the DRHE Pathways Model.
Our services are challenging environments as we seek to achieve an inclusive approach working with people with complex issues.
This role is completely client focused consistently seeking the best outcome for those we work for.
- Minimum BA in Applied Social Care, Addiction, Mental Health, Nursing, Psychology (or equivalent) Level 7 awarded by the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) QQI
- A minimum of 1-year relevant employment working with similar client group
- Child Protection Training
- To implement the case management system and engage in one to one work with a specific allocated case load, from referral stage to move-on. This includes initial assessment, Identifying Housing supports and additional supports.
- Updating the PASS System, advocating on behalf of the family, arranging meetings, linking the family in to appropriate services assisting each family in finding a long term home.
- To liaise closely with the Housing Case Working team and family link worker to ensure effective communication and support families to re-engage/engage with local communities.
- To engage with and build professional trusting relationships with each family, treating them with dignity and respect, and working within the values of Crosscare
- To carry out all duties connected with the operation of the family hub, resolving conflict, responding to health issues, premise management, taking referrals, welcoming and engaging with families.
- To provide child-minding support to families when required.
- Follow reporting policy & procedures regarding Child Protection concerns
- To liaise with and advocate to a broad range of external service providers in addition to internal services
- To work effectively as part of a team and being open to reasonable requests from manager/ care coordinator in order to ensure effective working relationships and responses to families.
- To engage with and lead on one area of the support programme currently in place in the Family Hub
- To work within the policies of Crosscare and the standard operating procedures of the project
- To assist and contribute to the quality agenda in order to ensure that a consistent delivery of service and quality standards are adhered to in the project
- To perform all the administrative duties relating to the role in order to ensure that the project runs smoothly
- To observe all Health and Safety policies of the project and to be involved in continual quality improvement in order to ensure that the security of the building is maintained at all times day and night.
- To be open to reasonable requests from the facilities coordinator to ensure the Health & Safety is to a high standard.
- Work experience and employment in homeless services, addiction services residential services, community and/or the youth work sector.
- Additional training in:
- Mental Health
- Child Care
- Special Needs
- First Aid, CPR, AED
- Paediatric First Aid
- Parenting programmes
- Competitive salaries
- Generous annual leave
- Additional leave for long service
- Training and Development Programmes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital Doctor Service
- Competitive pension plan
- Bike to Work Scheme
In Crosscare, we approach our work with an attitude of service, showing love, care and kindness in all interactions with others. We treat people with a level of respect they will remember long after our service and support have been received. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Our clients, young people and service users deserve it.
Please submit your CV & Cover Letter showing you meet the selection criteria. Closing date for applications is February 01st 2023.
Crosscare is an equal opportunities employer
Garda Vetting will apply to this role.