Good Shepherd Cork – Redclyffe Family Hub: Resettlement Worker (7 months contract)
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Applications are sought for the positions of Resettlement Worker with Good Shepherd Cork for Redclyffe Family Hub.
Redclyffe provides emergency accommodation to families who are experiencing homelessness. The Resettlement Worker will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of a service aimed at providing a welcoming, compassionate, and professional service to the men, women and children in Redclyffe.
This 7 month contract (with potential extension) will involve working 36 hours per week, of which 24 hours will be based on a set-rota, and the remaining 12 hours will comprise relief cover.
This position involves shift work and will require some evening, night and weekend work.
Flexibility will be required about working hours.
- Candidates must hold a professional social care or equivalent relevant qualification.
- Candidates must have a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Good Shepherd Cork
- Ability to communicate clearly and open and treat information confidentially and appropriately.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the management team in Redcliffe, the candidate will:
- Possess the interpersonal and communication skills necessary to establish trusting relationships with clients.
- Develop and implement appropriate care plans and to ensure these are adhered to.
- Assess housing and support needs using Care and Case Management Assessment Tools and approach.
- Have an excellent knowledge and understanding of Children’s First Guidelines for Child Protection and Safeguarding.
- Liaise with other individuals within Good Shepherd Cork and external agencies.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures within Redclyffe.
- Be professional, caring and have an empathetic approach to working with vulnerable adults, children and families.
- Have excellent interpersonal and team working skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Implement all organisational procedures and policies including health & Safety and Child Protection guidelines.
- A genuine interest in the work of Good Shepherd Cork and commitment to our vision, mission and value.
- Take on other such duties as may be assigned from time to time.
For further information on the role please contact:
Eithne Murphy, Acting Manager, Redclyffe at email@example.com
If you are interested please complete GSC Application Form attached to this advert and return to Eithne Murphy.
Closing date: 5:00pm, Friday 03rd February 2023
Applications will only be accepted on the official application form.
CV’s will not be accepted.