Depaul: Support Worker - Moorehaven / Teach Rua
Depaul believes that everyone should have a place to call home and a stake in their community. Our aim is to work with those who are socially excluded and marginalised by providing a quality led service in order to produce the best possible outcomes for those accessing our services. We strive to empower our service users to make choices and decisions about the way they live their lives. We work in partnership with central and local government, housing associations and other non-governmental organisations.
Depaul is an equal opportunities employer, we offer a standard 35 hour working week, generous leave entitlements and a pension scheme. We support all staff with regular supervision and core training.
Depaul wishes to recruit to the following role:
Moorehaven / Teach Rua
35 hours per week
Fixed Term Contract
Salary: €29,323 per annum
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to be a member of a multi-disciplined team using holistic approaches to support Depaul service users. Working within the principal of harm minimisation where residents receive a high degree of care, support and dignity, Depaul has a commitment to service user participation and to empowering residents to manage their own lives. This role works across a 7-day week rota, and commences with increased annual leave days and other added benefits
2. Key Areas of Responsibility:
- In conjunction with residents and rest of the team to ensure that the house is kept to a good standard of tidiness, cleanliness and hygiene including communal areas and bathrooms. Encouraging service users to take responsibility for maintaining their own environment, and supporting them with laundry and cleaning tasks where appropriate.
- To encourage and support service users to develop skills in managing their daily living.
- In conjunction with project team, to assist residents with personal monies, service charge payments, etc. where necessary.
- Carry out project administration tasks such as upkeep of petty cash, project statistics, invoices, record keeping, Service User’s files, OTIS, IR and AR completion etc.
- To ensure that Health and Safety standards are met within the project in accordance with Depaul’s Health and Safety policy and the projects Safety Statement.
- To undertake assigned duties regarding the overall health and safety and security of the service and to use security systems put in place.
- Relational Security Support – Managing risks relating to service
- Supporting residents - To maintain positive Mental Health
- Reporting to team and partner agency when Case Workers are not available
- To work as a member of a multi-disciplined team in the best interests of the residents and report to team and partner agency when Case Workers are not available
- To plan and facilitate onsite social activities.
- To attend and participate in team meetings and staff team days.
- To participate in regular supervision and annual appraisal, and help in identifying your own job-related development and training needs.
- The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles is required from time to time.
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles is required from time to time.
3. Person Requirements:
- 1 year’s paid experience working with service users with mental health problems, learning disabilities and/ or offending histories OR relevant qualification in the social care field, (Social care/ psychology, nursing etc) Level 5 and above.
- Have a good standard of education.
- Experience of service user activity planning desirable for this role.
- Experience of lone working or off-site working an advantage
- An understanding of enduring mental health issues and the impact it has on the individual.
- Good working knowledge of risk assessment processes and systems (i.e. S/U Risk assessment, Lone Working, Activity Risk Assessments)
- Be able to work as part of a team understanding the importance of team communication
- Have an understanding of Health and Safety and the health and safety requirements within a residential setting working with homeless people.
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the vision, mission and values of Depaul
Online Application Procedure:
Please download and complete the application form available on the link below
For more information, please contact Human Resources:
Tel: 00 353 1 453 7111 or e-mail email@example.com
Closing date for all applications: Friday 10th February 2023 at 5:00pm