Barróg Healthcare: Aftercare Social Care Workers - Fermoy
Aftercare Social Care Workers: Fermoy
Purpose of Role: At present the company has vacancies in aftercare, transitional care and within the sphere of outreach work with young people/vulnerable adults in the community living independently or in Family/Foster Care Setting. This role is based within Aftercare.
Aftercare services are support services that build on and support the work that has already been undertaken by many including, foster carers, social workers and residential workers in preparing young people for adulthood. Everyone has a key role to play in preparing young people to reach their developmental milestones.
The Company: Barróg Healthcare is a family run organisation based in Dublin with services nationwide providing residential care and day packages nationwide to enable people who need support across the areas of mental health, disability, aftercare, transitional and mainstream social care. We pride ourselves on working to support and champion both our service user’s and staff and welcome applications from any person that feels they would be a good fit within our organisation. The right candidate for this role will strive to enhance the lives of the individuals by promoting their community inclusion and equal citizenship.
Salary: Starting from €15 hourly
Job Type: Full time, permanent/part time permanent/relief
- Flexibility on working hours
- Competitive starting salary
- Sunday overtime rate
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme and tax-free bus/Luas/rail/coach tickets
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Promotion and development opportunities
- Support for further education and training
- Uniform provided
- Pension scheme (PRSA)
- Refer a friend bonus
- Discounted driving lessons
Principle Duties/ Responsibilities:
- To participate in the development and implementation of Care/Placement plans and to ensure appropriate recording of same.
- To promote the rights and responsibilities of each service user or vulnerable adult.
- To encourage attendance at school, training centres, medical and clinical appointments.
- To liaise with the parent, family, general services, and other agencies on behalf of the service user.
- To work with the service user to develop their independent living skills
- Candidates must have a relevant qualification. At a minimum a B.A. in Social Care, Fetac Level 7, B.A. in Applied Social Studies or equivalent.
- Permission to work in Ireland.
The following will be seen as an advantage:
- Full clean driver’s license
- Experience/knowledge of report writing and client support plans.
- One year of experience in a Social Care setting.
All roles subject to Garda Vetting, overseas security clearance and reference checks.