Family Carers Ireland: Information Officer, Community – Kildare, Dublin & Wicklow
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Information Officer, Community – Kildare, Dublin & Wicklow
(Base location – Citywest Business Campus)
(Open to Public Competition)
Family Carers Ireland (FCI) is the national charity supporting over 500,000 family carers across the country who dedicate their lives to caring for loved ones such as children or adults with physical or intellectual disabilities, frail older people, those with palliative care needs or those living with chronic illnesses or addiction. We provide a range of supports and services for family carers nationally from our local support centres.
Family Carers Ireland is currently recruiting an Information Officer – Community covering Kildare, Dublin & Wicklow. This role will report to our Support Manager: Community. This role will involve responding to queries from family carers and where appropriate, triaging them to internal supports using the agreed triage process based on the Carer Outcome StarTM. The IO Community will support the SMCs in the facilitation of universal carer supports (scheduling of carer clinics, workshops, support groups etc.) and support the actioning of targeted supports identified as needed through the wellbeing review process. The IO Community will oversee all office activities and carer reception area within their designated Family Carer Support Resource Centre. They also provide support to their Network team as required.
Role Criteria: The successful candidate should possess the following essential criteria.
- Minimum Leaving cert (or equivalent) and pursued further studies in Office Administration or IT;
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a busy office environment;
- The ability to prioritise tasks and work within a dynamic environment;
- Excellent IT Skills- mainly Microsoft 365, SharePoint, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and experience setting up video calls through platforms like Zoom, MS Teams.
- Flexibility in attitude and approach to the job and a willingness to help others;
- A reflective approach to their work and a willingness to learn and desire to implement a culture of continuous improvement;
- A strong work ethic with excellent attention to detail;
- Effective time management skills and organisation skills with the ability to manage multiple activities and keep stakeholders informed;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish rapport with a diverse range of people;
- The ability to work autonomously and within a team;
- Fluency in English (written and verbal);
- Have experience working in a highly confidential environment;
- Full drivers licence with access to own car.
Terms & Conditions: Permanent, full time contract (37 hours per week; Monday – Friday). The successful candidate will work from Family Carers Ireland, Unit 8, 4075 Kingswood Road, Citywest Business Park, Dublin 24, D24 F212. The remuneration for this role includes an annual salary of €30,000 and access to a defined contribution pension scheme. The annual leave entitlement for this role working full-time from January to December is 23 days.
Application Process - Applicants are invited to submit their up-to date CV and cover letter demonstrating how they meet the above criteria to email@example.com no later than Sunday, February 5th 2023. Prospective candidates may contact us for a copy of the job description if they wish.
Family Carers Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer