Inishturk Community Club: Marketing & Community Coordinator
Marketing & Community Coordinator
On-site/Hybrid position, 39 Hrs per week
Rising boldly from the wild Atlantic Ocean, Inishturk is a small island 14km from the west coast of Ireland. Renowned for the warmth of its community, unspoilt natural beauty and views of the Connemara coastline, it is home to 60 people and receives 3000 tourists per year. The island is home to a diverse array of wildlife and plant life, as well as several historic sites and monuments that offer a glimpse into its rich past. Whether you're looking for adventure, relaxation, or a chance to immerse yourself in culture and history, Inishturk Island offers a unique experience.
Inishturk Community Club CLG is a social enterprise responsible for community development and operating facilities on Inishturk Island including a community centre, bar/restaurant, shop, activity pitch & tourist accommodation. We receive funding from the Department of Rural & Community Development via Comhar na nOileán CTR.
As Marketing & Community Coordinator you will support connectivity both within our community and beyond, contributing to the continued success of Inishturk as a sustainable place to live, work and visit. You will have the opportunity to support the existing community whilst promoting this special place and showcase it to the world, by creating and implementing a marketing and communications strategy, building relationships with local businesses and organisations, and coordinating community events to add to island life. The successful candidate would ideally be based on the island, but we are confdent that the role can also work as a hybrid arrangement that includes bi-weekly/monthly scheduled visits to the island, due to the strong on-the-ground team that will be in place.
- Working with the Development Coordinator and CSP Manager to source funding and run fundraising initiatives
- Working with the Community Services Programme (‘CSP’) Manager to coordinate tourism and social events including cultural heritage and evening entertainment
- Working with the CSP Manager to run the Inishturk Community membership scheme and updating the Inishturk community regularly through a monthly community newsletter
Marketing & Tourism
- Devise an annual communications and marketing plan
- Manage the Inishturk website, database of all contacts, all brand and creative assets and all social media channels and content
- Working with CSP Manager to develop initiatives to increase visitor numbers to the island and promote activity on the island to our audience through a monthly tourism newsletter
- Act as the Inishturk Community Club CLG Data Protection Officer to ensure GDPR compliance
- Building relationships with media to secure coverage
- Building partnerships with transport, tourism and hospitality operators
- Building the brand of Inishturk as a sustainable destination
- Promote activity on the island through the monthly newsletter and social media
Other related duties:
- The post holder will also undertake such additional duties as necessary in relation to the work of the Community Club.
- Has a growth mindset and ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills and the ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including local businesses and organisations, residents, and visitors.
- Excited to be part of a community and impact-oriented social enterprise
- Enthusiastic and people-oriented
- Has excellent digital literacy - in terms of content creation, social media, Google docs etc
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with the capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously, setting and meeting deadlines.
In addition, the following will be desirable:
- Passionate about community, tourism and the culture of islands
- Experience in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Full Irish Driving Licence
- This contract will commence in early 2023 initially with a rate of €23,000 per annum. Any agreed overtime will be awarded as TOIL.
Accommodation on Inishturk
- Information Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or call 0871317426
- Current recipient of social welfare
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm, Wednesday,15th February, 2023