Inishturk Community Club: Community Services Programme Manager
Community Services Programme Manager
Based full time on Inishturk Island, Co Mayo
Working Hours: 39 Hrs per week
Rising boldly from the wild Atlantic Ocean, Inishturk is a small island 14km from the west coast of Ireland. Renowned for the warmth of its community, unspoilt natural beauty and views of the Connemara coastline, it is home to 60 people and receives 3000 tourists per year. The island is home to a diverse array of wildlife and plant life, as well as several historic sites and monuments that offer a glimpse into its rich past. Whether you're looking for adventure, relaxation, or a chance to immerse yourself in culture and history, Inishturk Island offers a unique experience.
Inishturk Community Club CLG is a social enterprise responsible for community development and operating facilities on Inishturk Island including a community centre, bar/restaurant, shop, activity pitch & tourist accommodation. We receive funding from the Department of Rural & Community Development via Comhar na nOileán CTR. Currently at a key juncture in the Island’s future development, we are seeking to appoint a CSP Manager to contribute to the successful operation of the company’s facilities and planning for the future.
The role of the CSP Manager is management and delivery of the Community Services Programme for Inishturk Island, which supports community-based organisations to provide local social, economic and environmental services through a social enterprise model and create employment opportunities for disadvantaged people.
On Inishturk, the role incorporates promotion and bookings of the new tourist self catering cottages, glamping accommodation, income generation for Inishturk Community Club, development and operation of the island’s circular waste management plan, and implementing improvements to services where necessary within the community.
Owing to the hands-on nature of the role, the successful candidate would be expected to live on Inishturk Island five days per week.
Reporting to the Development Coordinator and working alongside the Marketing & Community Coordinator, the CSP manager will lead the CSP team, which includes the CSP Supervisor, CSP Caretaker and additional staff as required. Specific duties for this role will include the following:
- Rostering all staff for Community Club, including on-duty supervision, kitchen assistants
- Work with Club Supervisor to ensure accurate reporting of all financial transactions at the Club
- Handle cash, lodgements for club income
- Ensure effective management of club supplies and inventory
- Ensure the Club property is properly maintained
- Build relationships with club users and stakeholders
- Complete incident reports and communicate to Management
- Ensure the Community Club is properly maintained, whilst continually improving club procedures and ensuring implementation of the club’s policies
- Assist with recruitment for CSP Staff
- Arrange staff training
- Assisting as requested with driving the community bus transport service (if in possession of a full clean eligible driving licence)
- Consult on the seasonal food offering which is managed by the Development Coordinator
- Communicate with Pobal, implement their policies and procedures in relation to the CSP, in addition to submitting reports to Pobal as required.
- Work with the Development Coordinator to identify needs of individuals and community within the island
- Support the Development Coordinator in regular reporting to the Inishturk Board of Trustees and donors as required
- Work with the Development Coordinator to devise and deliver new sources of commercial income
- Work with the Development Coordinator to source funding and run fundraising initiatives
- Contribute to the development and management of a circular waste management plan
- Coordinate tourism and social events including cultural heritage and evening entertainment
- Coordinate community events including public meetings, advice services and annual general meetings.
- Engage and update the community regularly
- Run the Inishturk Community Club membership scheme
Marketing & Tourism
- Work with Marketing Coordinator to develop initiatives to increase visitor numbers to the island
- Working with the Marketing Coordinator to provide relevant content and information for the island newsletter, website and social media platforms
- Work with Marketing Coordinator to build partnerships with transport, tourism and hospitality operators
- Manage booking of island tourism accommodation
- Management of Community Library and Computer Service
- Ensure effective operation of all Inishturk Community Club property, including management of caretaking staff
Other related duties:
- The post holder will also undertake such additional duties as necessary in relation to the work of the Community Club.
- Has a growth mindset and ability to solve problems creatively
- Collaborative, with the ability to manage and coordinate staff
- Excited to be part of a community and impact-oriented social enterprise
- Enthusiastic and people-oriented
- Good digital literacy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
In addition, the following will be desirable:
- Full Irish Driving Licence
- Experience of working within the public and community sector
- Experience working in small communities/island contexts
- This contract will commence in early 2023 initially with a rate of €32,000 (inclusive of Employer and Employee PRSI) and PAYE contributions. Any agreed overtime will be awarded as TOIL.
Accommodation on Inishturk
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or call 0871317426
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm, Wednesday,15th February, 2023