Focus Ireland: Project Worker - North Tipperary
Project Worker, Tenancy Support and Sustainment, North Tipperary
Contract: Full Time, Permanent Contract
To provide supports to households that are at risk of becoming homeless, or experiencing homelessness, in order to assist them to occupy accommodation and sustain independent living.
What you will do:
- To work within the overall policies and procedures of Focus Ireland, inclusive of Health and Safety Policy.
- To build professional relationships and work effectively with a wide range of agencies and professionals in the community and all sectors.
- To work as a part of a multi-disciplinary / multi-agency service, ensuring statutory and support services are co-ordinated to meet the needs of the household. Adopt a strong and efficient case management team approach.
- To work with an agreed number of households (20) to provide agreed appropriate programmes of support, according to the customer’s needs.
- To conduct assessments as well as develop, monitor and update care plans in consultation with customers. To contribute to the formulation of a customer’s needs assessment and support plan utilizing the Focus Ireland policies and procedures, PASS system and keep up to date case work records.
- To develop community links with accommodation and service providers to ensure a collaborative approach in working with Focus Ireland’s customers.
- To provide one to one engagement, ‘lone work’ with households in remote locations and in people’s homes. To perform to an intensive in-depth support model to agreed standards.
- To report on Child Protection concerns as required.
- To ensure customers are maintaining their tenancy / accommodation with particular focus on rent, maintenance, cleaning, anti-social behavior and managing inter-tenant disputes.
- To engage in supervision sessions on a regular basis with the relevant Supervisor.
- To participate in relevant training and development courses as agreed with the Line Manager.
- To be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your Line Manager and/or Health & Safety Representative.
- To undertake such other duties as might be reasonably assigned from time to time in consultation with the Line Manager.
What you will need:
- Relevant third level qualification at degree level in the area of social care i.e. youth work, social studies, addiction, psychology.
- Full drivers licence and use of a car.
- 2 years direct experience in the social care field.
- A working knowledge and understanding of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention model.
- Experience of working with customers who have co-existing conditions.
- Excellent report writing and strong IT skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, social care based or clinical disciplines.
- Experience of working and liaising with other organisations.
Person needs to demonstrate:
- Communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the complex needs of homeless and hard to reach customers.
- Ability to Plan and Implement Programmes.
- Flexibility in approach to work.
To apply please submit your CV & Cover Letter Here
Closing date for applications: 12.00pm, 07th February 2023
Focus Ireland is an equal opportunities employer