Focus Ireland: Case Manager
Case Manager, Tenancy Support and Sustainment Prevention
Contract: Full Time 1-Year Fixed Term Contract
Location: Dun Laoghaire
To undertake individual work with households who are at risk of tenancy breakdown and homelessness due to their many complex and overlapping needs. The Prevention TSS Case Management service is a project designed in partnership with relevant Local Authorities to support households in sustaining their tenancies.
The Prevention Case Management Service is a Partnership between Fingal County Council, Dublin South County Council, Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council and Focus Ireland.
What you will do:
- To work in accordance to the Service Level Agreement between Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council and Focus Ireland.
- To ensure adherence to Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council Generic Housing and Health and Safety Policies.
- To ensure to engage customers effectively in keeping with the covenants and responsibilities set out in Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council Tenancy Agreements, Policies and Systems for rent collection, maintenance and estate management.
- To contribute to the formulation of customer’s needs assessment and support plan utilizing the Dublin Homeless Executive Holistic Needs Assessment, PASS system and keep up to date case work records.
- To provide one to one engagement to ensure that the Customer reflects on their situation and is supported in making informed decisions relevant and in compliance with the challenges and responsibilities they face as a household and under tenancy to the Local Authority.
- To contribute and participate in conjunction with the project leader/ Team Leader in ensuring a package of support is designed and implemented by the project worker ensuring and promoting the welfare of the household.
- To use a flexible approach in engaging households with their individual needs, taking into consideration dynamics relevant to their needs and behaviours.
- In conjunction with the Project Leader develop and maintain links with the Garda, Probation, Health Service Executive, Medical Services, Community based services and Local Authority services to ensure effective communication, referrals, case work, Case reviews and discharge planning where appropriate to ensure that as staff they work co-operatively and effectively in line with the processes of the service agreed with the Local Authority.
- To ensure appropriate liaison with all stakeholders in the household support circle including as appropriate Social Workers, Schools, G.P.’s and other clinical service practitioners.
- To accompany and provide support to Customers on appointments to other services e.g. doctors, counsellors, social workers if required.
- To implement the policies and procedures of the both the Project and Focus Ireland, inclusive of Health and Safety policy now and in any amendments in the future. To include Professional Conduct, Child Protection and Working Alone policies. Where based in a Local Authority Office to ensure to remain complaint to the Health and Safety Policy and Fire evacuation procedures of the location.
- To participate in relevant training and development courses as agreed with your Project Leader.
- To undertake such other duties as might be reasonably assigned from time to time in consultation with the Project Leader.
- To be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line manager or Health & Safety Representative.
What you will need:
- 2 years’ experience of working with families and individuals experiencing homelessness.
- BA in Social Care or equivalent qualification.
- Experience of lone working in a social care setting.
- Experience of working and liaising with multiple agencies.
- Computer Literacy.
- Report writing skills.
- Full clean driver’s licence.
This role is subject to Garda Vetting
To apply please submit your CV & Cover Letter Here
Closing date for applications: 12.00pm, 07th February 2023
Focus Ireland is an equal opportunities employer