Dublin Simon Community: Property Inspection Manager
Property Inspection Manager
Dublin Simon Community is a registered homeless and housing charity that serves Dublin, the Mid-East (Kildare, Wicklow, Meath) and the North-East (Cavan, Louth and Monaghan). The organisation works support people to access and retain a home of their own by supporting those who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Dublin Simon is a Tier 3 Approved Housing Body (AHB) with over 680 units of property and registered with the Housing Agency.
At Dublin Simon Community, we are passionate about making home a reality. Our aim is to empower people to access and retain a home by providing housing, prevention, addiction treatment, emergency response, and other targeted interventions, through advocacy and partnership.
About the role
This is an exciting new role to ensure all Simon Community Buildings are maintained through an effective and detailed auditing programme- identifying and implementing corrective actions. Implement an Asset Management strategy over a rolling 30-year lifecycle programme.
Reports to: Senior Asset and Facilities Manager.
Contract Type: Full-time Permanent.
Working Hours: 37.5 hours a week, Monday-Friday.
Location: Smithfield, Dublin 7.
- Complete annual Stock Condition Survey with sinking fund improvement plan developed and implemented.
- Carry out annual building audits on all Independent units with the improvement plan developed and implemented.
- Carry out bi-annual audits on all Dublin Simon Community volunteers’ houses, staff accommodation, offices, shops and warehouse units with improvement plan developed and implemented.
- Complete quarterly audits of all Service Buildings including Emergency, treatment and Long term supported housing with improvement plan developed and implemented.
- Implement an Asset Management Strategy with a rolling 30-year lifecycle programme of key components.
- Delegate tasks to Facilities administrator as required.
- This role may vary depending on the requirements of the organisation.
Essential aspects to the role:
3rd level (or equivalent) qualification in a Construction related discipline including Architecture, Engineering, Construction Economics and Surveying, Project Management.
1 years’ experience post-graduation in a management role in a construction setting.
4 years’ experience in a similar role to Property Inspector
- Great understanding of current planning regulations, legislative regulations, Health & Safety (Construction) and building regulations.
- Own Transport with full unrestricted driver’s license.
- Ability to programme manage multiple projects and to achieve deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience of financial management and budget tracking.
- Ability to prepare and deliver regular reporting to internal and external key stakeholders.
- Proficiency and experience with computer software packages like Microsoft Office etc.
Benefits to working with Dublin Simon Community
- 25 days annual leave
- 5% matched contribution to your pension
- Paid Sick Leave Policy
- Paid Maternity Leave Policy
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Commuter Travel Tax Savers Ticket
- 1st-week Comprehensive Training
- Progression Opportunities
Please note, if you are unsure of any of the requirements, contact the Recruitment Team on (01) 6354860
Application due date: 10/02/2023
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4860