Community Addiction Response Programme: Team leader
Job Title: TEAM LEADER
Location: Community Addiction Response Programme Killinarden Heights, Whitestown, Tallaght, Dublin 24
Eircode: D24 A275
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: Attached to HSE Social Care Worker scale and dependent on experience
Job type: Permanent (subject to annual funding agreements), including a six-month probationary period
CARP is a community addiction response programme located in the heart of Tallaght.
The focus of our activities is on areas where people experience disadvantage. Our programs of work are organized across key thematic areas: Community Employment, Education & Employment, Health & Well Being.
Our five priority areas are: Harm Reduction, Stabilization, Treatment & Rehabilitation, Outreach, Community Development.
The job description below gives a guideline for the skills we need however we will allow some room for the experience of those attending for interview to possibly shape the position advertised. We see this as a dynamic role within the team and one that will go some way to address the changing face of addiction in the months and years following the pandemic. So, we are interested in hearing from you if you can demonstrate your interest and passion for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work as a team member to fulfil the policies, aims and objectives of the organization.
- Participate in team meetings and take the lead role in the absence of the Manager
- Take the lead role in risk or child protection matters, making external reports where necessary and communicating identical to the Manager.
- Act as Designated Liaison Person for Child Protection Referrals ensuring same is submitted through appropriate channels (TUSLA Portal)
- Oversee the running of the daily operations and working structures of CARPs services in the absence of the manager, and Act as a point of contact for the team.
- Oversee and maintaining the smooth running of the Harm reduction service, Community employment programme, Crack programme, Key working, youth programme, family therapy, Family support, homeless drop-in, Na, AA, Counselling.
- Report monthly to the Manager on the services above and identifying areas for possible change to improve service to the client of CARP.
- Oversee and maintain the process of assessment and allocation of clients to each service, reporting on service statistics monthly to the Manager
- Hold an agreed case load to support the crack cocaine initiative
- Work closely with Manager as part of the management team
- Maintain ECASS system and NDTRS link, ensuring timely and accurate submissions to NERDATF, HRB, HSE.
- Maintain written files in accordance with record-keeping policy.
- Act as cover for the Manager in his absence
- Liaison with outside agencies and oversee the delivery of integrated care planning, including attendance at interagency meetings where required.
- Deliver evidence-based interventions, including crisis management, to service users, including group work where appropriate.
- To deliver recovery-focused therapeutic/ educational groups to service users where appropriate.
- To fully engage in the team's work and take up training opportunities offered by the project.
- To participate in the delivery of training initiatives as directed by the board of CARP.
- To provide Line management supervision for other staff volunteers and students working for CARP where appropriate
- Such other appropriate and relevant tasks as may be required by the Manager.
Closing date & time is 1pm Friday 24th March 2023
Please apply by sending a copy of your CV, cover letter (email) and completing the application form attached.
For more information contact james kelly Manager at 085-1399401 /01 4626033 or email@example.com