Avondhu Blackwater Partnership: Social Inclusion Development Officer
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Job title: Social Inclusion Development Officer
Location: Avondhu Blackwater Partnership CLG
Reporting to: The Chief Executive
General Key Responsibilities: To support and facilitate the implementation of Avondhu Blackwater Partnership company’s social inclusion actions with individuals and communities, under the SICAP Programme.
Salary: €34,527 per annum. This position is a fixed term contract and is subject to funding availability.
Working as part of the SICAP team, the role of the Development Officer will primarily involve the following:
- Outreach and engage with Ukrainian refugees and other individuals who are targeted under the Programme and work with these individuals through the development of Personal Action Plans towards education and employment
- Coordinate the development, implementation and delivery of SICAP Lifelong Learning and specific skills training programmes for individuals from SICAP target groups and communities
- Devise, recruit and engage external facilitators / trainers to deliver a range of Lifelong Learning programmes in personal effectiveness, empowerment, social inclusion, career coaching and community development
- Support the establishment and/or development of Local Community Groups in underrepresented areas and develop appropriate Support Plans for each
- Manage caseload for Local Community Groups and Individuals.
- Identify opportunities for collaborations with other programmes and agencies to add value for the beneficiaries of the SICAP Programme.
- Organise and deliver training and learning events and seminars in line with the SICAP annual plan
- Signposting and referrals to other relevant agencies / statutory bodies
- Coordination of in school supports with a particular focus on tackling Early School Leaving
- Conduct action research projects with priority communities to inform policy and initiatives
- Writing annual Strategic Plans and annual Progress Reports and preparing and delivering presentations on SICAP objectives and achievements
- Any other tasks as designated from time to time.
- Adherence to relevant Programme guidelines and operational procedures
- Prepare, maintain and update client records in strict compliance with user data protection policies
- Maintain appropriate and up to date records on IRIS CRM system and hard copy
- Promote open, professional and honest communication within the team environment
- Engage with and build upon the complementary programmes delivered for the benefit of SICAP target groups and communities
- Relevant third level qualification in community development, youth work, social science, education/training or a related field is essential
- Minimum of three years paid experience in a similar role is essential
- Understanding, promoting and working in accordance with community development principles and ethos
- Independent, creative thinking and excellent problem solving skills ability
- Team player with enthusiasm, drive and approachability
- Excellent and proven written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent and proven ICT Skills including social media
- Knowledge of local development sector and the changing local development landscape
- Demonstrate cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Full clean driving license and access to own transport
Application should be submitted by CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday, 27th January 2023 at 5:00pm.