Gateway Community Care: Social Care Worker
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Social Care Worker
At Gateway Community Care we are excited to grow and develop our team to support the current expansion of the company. We are currently seeking applications from experienced Social Care workers join our residential services. We are seeking applications from enthusiastic individuals with a passion for supporting young adults with intellectual disabilities. It is the most rewarding career, and you can really make a difference to someone's life.
- Riverstown, Co. Sligo
- Ballincar, Co. Sligo
The ideal candidate will have:
- Have at least one year of experience of working and supporting with individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- Have experience of Person-Centred planning.
- Have proven organisational, leadership, communication, interpersonal and
- teambuilding skills.
- Be committed to pro-actively supporting service users in their daily lives and
- Experience working with families, clinicians and building links in the community.
- Experience implementing positive support programmes.
- Experience in focusing on promoting independence and
- community integration.
- Knowledge of current social care policies and sectoral and national changes related
- to disability services.
- The capacity to follow, assess, and participate to the continual development of
- strategies and tactics for meeting the ongoing requirements of those being
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong report writing skills.
Essential Qualifications Required:
- QQI Level 7 Bachelor of Arts or higher in Applied Social Studies/Social Care.
- Full Irish driving license.
- Flexible availability - including weekend work, day shifts and sleepover shifts
- Competitive pay rates
- Career progression
- Continuous training provided
- Bike to work scheme