Gateway Community Care: Staff Nurse
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Job Title: Staff Nurse
At Gateway Community Care we are excited to grow and develop our team to support the current expansion of the company. We provide comprehensive community-based services to people with intellectual disabilities.
We are currently seeking applications from registered Nurses interested in joining a team within a specialist medical residential service. The service users we support withing this children’s service have complex medical needs in addition to their disability needs and we require nursing staff to provide care for this specific service. The house is fully equipped to meet the needs of service users and is supported by an extensive multidisciplinary team who provide onsite therapy. The successful candidate will be expected to deliver effective, efficient, and quality assured care to all its service users.
Report to: Person in Charge/Director of Nursing
Location: Drumcliffe, Sligo
Position Available: Full Time or Part Time
- Deliver individualised care to each service user (in accordance with the care plan and best clinical judgment).
- Assess the needs of the service users and develop a person-centred care plan, taking into consideration recommendations from other members of the Care Services team.
- Manage the Care Assistants and help them in their daily duties; allocate and supervise tasks; provide guidance, leadership and training where required.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Organise relevant documentation and transport for service users external care appointments and emergency care services. Maintain accurate, specific, person centred and detailed progress notes for all service users and share these together with a comprehensive verbal update with the Nurse taking over the next shift.
- Maintain accurate medication cardex information.
- Full driver’s license and access to use of own car.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of HIQA National Standards & Health Act Regulations for Residential Care Settings.
- Applications are invited from candidates who are currently registered with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland in the RNID Division.
- Candidates should be proficient in I.T.
- Candidates will possess a high level of communication skills, work well within a team and be able to provide high quality focused care.
- Rostering requirements: shifts rotations (12-hour shifts) will include Days, Live Nights, Weekends, and flexibility is required.