Sophia Housing Association: Relief Night Shift Attendant - Sean McDermott St
Job Title Relief Night Shift Attendant – Sophia Housing
Location Sean McDermott St, Dublin 1
About Sophia: Sophia is a national organisation, who has been supporting people as they emerge from homelessness since 1997. Sophia is a niche service provider for two reasons; Firstly, it sees the provision of home of one’s own as the primary response to homelessness and the intervention that Sophia is exclusively focused on. Secondly as an Approved Housing Body, its core mission is to provide homes for individuals, couples and families who not only need a home but also present with other support needs.
Sophia Sean McDermott Street is long-term supported accommodation for couples with experience of homelessness. There are 18 one bed units with 24-hour onsite staff support. The service is low threshold and specifically caters to homeless couples presenting with complex support needs including active addiction, mental & physical health and challenging behaviour.
The aim of the Project is to first provide a safe and secure home, where dignity and respect is core to the support provided. The team provide a person centred, holistic approach to work with the individuals to enable them gain the skills required to maintain their tenancy and to live independently.
Reporting to: Project Manager
Purpose of Role: To oversee the wellbeing and safety of the site and its operation during the night shift while ensuring the wellbeing of those living on site.
Hours: Night time live shifts (9.30pm to 8.30am)
To the Project Manager:
- To commit to the objectives and ethos of Sophia.
- To work for Sophia within the authority delegated to him/her by the Project Manager.
- To support colleagues, participate in effective handovers and be open to reasonable requests from Project Manager in order to ensure effective working relationships
Health and Safety:
- To ensure that necessary fire, health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Be a visible presence around the project.
- Ensure that doors are locked and alarms are set in certain buildings and unset at the appropriate times.
- Sophia provides First Aid and PPE Equipment, it is the responsibility of all employees to familiarise selves with location and to use equipment provided.
To provide support to service users through:
- Engaging with service users, treating them with dignity and respect in order to work within the values of Sophia.
- Respond immediately and appropriately to security alerts, this may include calling the guards, and/or the on-call manager.
- Ensuring Sophia’s confidentially policy is maintained at all times.
- Maintaining professional boundaries at all times.
- Ensuring adherence to the Sophia Lone Working Policy.
- Responding to incidents and emergencies and handling conflict resolution as required.
- Responding to child protection concerns in line with the Children’s First Policy.
Communication & Administration:
- To perform as a team member supporting colleagues, participating in effective handovers
- To attend Team and Inter-Team meetings as appropriate and to participate in training and organised supports as requested.
- To adhere to Policy and Procedures within the service and direct others to do the same.
- To communicate effectively with staff by ensuring that all incidents, events deliveries and emergencies are recorded.
- Relevant work experience in the sector is preferable
- Knowledge around child protection issues, mental health issues and addiction
- The ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to handle security issues and to respond to emergencies
- Proficient IT Skills and knowledge with a database
- To have excellent report writing and record keeping skills
Please forward a Cover Letter and CV to Recruitment@sophia.ie
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 9th December 2022