Meath Partnership: Global Citizenship & Integration Officer
Global Citizenship and Integration Officer
Employer: Meath Partnership
Job Title: Global Citizenship and Integration Officer
Location: Meath Partnership offices in Kells, Co. Meath. EU travel is a requirement of this position.
Education and Training Manager on a day-to-day basis and to the CEO thereafter.
Purpose of the job: The successful candidate will ensure the successful delivery of a the organisations Global Citizenship and Integration programmes funded via the Irish Aid Global Citizenship Grant and KA2 Erasmus+ as part of Meath Partnership’s Education and Training programmes. The post requires the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels and identify opportunities for future collaborations. The primary thematic focus of said projects is Global Citizenship Education and Integration.
- Implement the project plan - this includes: project scope definition, work break-down, resource planning, schedule development, budgeting and reporting requirements;
- Engagement with the project partners via transversal oversees meetings;
- Undertake research and development activities in line with the project proposals and contracts - identify local, regional and national good practices;
- Develop and facilitate stakeholder networks appropriate for each project, particularly practitioners working in the Adult and Community Education sector in County Meath;
- Organise project training courses on the topic of Global Citizenship Education for migrants, refugees and practitioners residing in County Meath;
- Identify and support volunteer placements of project participants;
- Hosting final conferences and events as part of dedicated projects;
- Ensure that all project outputs are delivered to the established appropriate levels of quality, on time and within budget;
- Ensure project deliverables are in accordance with the project plan and coherent with the overall project objectives;
- Write and produce technical and administrative reports;
- Manage the social media accounts/profiles for each project and document promotional activities;
- Represent the organisation on Global Citizenship Education working groups and at national events.
Terms of Employment
1 x full-time position is on offer working 37.5 hours per week. The nature of the work may require working unsocial hours i.e. evenings and weekend; EU travel will be required in the execution of these posts. Access to own transport is also essential given the outreach nature of the posts on offer. This position is subject to Garda Vetting in line with Meath Partnership policy.
Duration: Specified purpose contract for 12 months with possibility of extension. A six-month probationary period applies.
Experience and skills required:
- Candidates appointed to this post must have a degree in relevant subject area ie. community development, international development, youth work (minimum requirement);
- Experience in facilitation/training preferably in the community education sector (at least 1 year);
- Experience of working in project teams and delivering for the team;
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in English (essential), excellent communication and social skills both written and verbal;
- Excellent research and analytical skills;
- Experience in curriculum development (non accreditation level is sufficient);
- Should possess excellent computer skills with experience of project management and partnership tools;
- Ability to research across a range of thematic areas and create innovative learning materials and resources for specified clients and target groups;
- Ability to engage and facilitate stakeholder meetings and training activities;
- Proven ability to use social media to promote and communicate projects to the wider public ;
- Proven ability to prioritise workload and work to exacting deadlines;
- Excellent organisational, communication and conflict resolution skills;
- Adaptive thinker with broad perspective;
- Understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation tools and principles.
- An understanding of the Erasmus+ Programme 2021 – 2027;
- An understanding of Global Citizenship policies and procedures in Ireland and across Europe;
- An understanding of Integration policies and procedures in Ireland and across Europe.
This job description is intended to outline key duties and responsibilities for this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and activities to be attended to. A flexible approach to tasks which arise that are not specifically detailed in this job description will be required.
Salary: The salary is between €35,000 - €37,000 per annum
Leave: The annual leave entitlement is twenty-five (25) days per annum, pro-rata for shorter periods. Entitlement to leave for Public Holidays is in accordance with the terms of the Organisation of Working Time Act 1997. Meath Partnership closes for five (5) days at Christmas; this time is included in the annual leave entitlement detailed above.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A brief cover letter
- A curriculum vitae summarising your qualifications and relevant experience.
Please send your application to email@example.com. Applications should be clearly marked “Global Citizenship and Integration Office”. Meath Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer and and all personal data will be retained in line with our GDPR policy.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 14th of December, 2022 (5pm). Late applications will not be considered.
Expected date for interviews: 19th of December, 2022
Expected start date: 16th of January, 2023