Enable Ireland: Support Workers with Driving Duties
Enable Ireland is a leading national voluntary organisation which provides family support services for people with disabilities and their families, in partnership with the HSE and other State and voluntary agencies.
We require dedicated professionals who are committed to providing the highest quality services possible to service users. We offer a challenging career as part of our integrated team approach to delivering services.
Would you like to work for a great employer? Enable Ireland is an organisation that makes a real difference to the lives of children and adults with disabilities in Ireland, and ranked 8th in the healthcare division of the Irish Independent’s Best Employers 2022 list.
We are currently seeking highly-motivated Support Workers with Driving Duties to join our team in Adult Services Little Island, Cork or other Cork City or Suburbs location as required.
Contract Type: This is a permanent contract.
Contract Hours: Full time 39hrs per week
Overview of the Post:
- To provide support to adult Service Owners to enable them to participate in their community, increase their own personal independence, achieve person centred goals and facilitate inclusion.
- The support worker will provide practical, personal and social support to the individuals and groups they work with
- The Support worker will plan and facilitate individual and group sessions.
- The Support worker will be able to drive a minibus to support Service Owners to come to and from services and to attend external activities.
- This position requires the Support worker to be flexible regarding working hours (afternoons, evening & Saturday work).
Overview of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working in partnership with Service Owners to facilitate their active involvement in the development and achievement of personal and group goals.
- Working as part of the staff team contribute to the development and delivery of a variety of programs which empower Service Owners to be effective in their personal and family lives, in their working lives and in their community and leisure pursuits
- Supporting groups with planning and implementation of weekly schedules to include the delivery of both 1-1 sessions and group sessions.
- Working in partnership with Service Owners to enable them to achieve maximum independence, choice and inclusion in their communities.
- Develop, Participate and contribute to the Person Centered Planning and key working Process.
- Participate in and support Service Owners with their therapy/clinical programs including hydrotherapy.
- Participate in sports and leisure programmes.
- To drive the service bus daily to support Service Owners to come to and from day services/hubs/outings.
- To report any health and safety concerns in relation to driving the bus, equipment, vehicle and Service Owners who use this service.
- To drive the Service Owners to and from their community activities.
- Be available to escort on transport across the county/city which can include early morning and late afternoons.
- Report any safeguarding concerns to the designated officer or line manager.
- Maintain professionalism in working relationships with Service Owners, colleagues and management.
- To carry out duties in a respectful manner at all times.
- Maintain the dignity of the Service Owner at all times.
The successful candidate will have
- FETAC level 5 or equivalent in care or healthcare qualification.
- Experience providing personal care required
- Experience of supporting Service Owners to achieve their personal goals and Person Centred Plan goals.
- Experience of working effectively as part of a team
- Possess a full clean driving license.
- Access to own transport.
- Be willing to drive the company bus & hold a D/D1 Driving Licence.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the rights of people with disabilities
- Experience working with adults with disabilities in the community setting
- Experience in working with Service Owners with a wide range of support needs.
If you feel you would fit the role then please submit your application today.
As a staff member of Enable Ireland, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Excellent training opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Generous annul leave entitlements
- Long service reward schemes
- Paid maternity/adoptive leave
- Wellbeing benefits
For a full list of our benefits, please click here.
Applications must be made on the Enable Ireland application form only. CVs will not be accepted.
To apply, please download the job description, person specification and application form below and forward completed applications to by email to email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 16th December 2022 before noon.
A panel may be formed from this vacancy for any similar vacancies, which may arise during the next 12 months.
Enable Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
- The post will be subject to reference checks and may be subject to Garda vetting/police clearance, as relevant.
- Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to applicants who are not shortlisted for interview.
- Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants from all sections of the community.
- The above information serves only as a guide to the advertised position. Enable Ireland, at its discretion, reserves the right to change this prior to appointment.
- Please review the Enable Ireland’s External Data Protection Notice available at https://www.enableireland.ie/privacy-policy for details on how Enable Ireland processes applicant’s personal information. Please note if you are invited for interview, we will share your personal data with: 1) Any virtual service provider we use to host the interview; and 2) the interview panel (if applicable). Your information will be stored for this purpose in line with our retention policy.