SOS Kilkenny: Social Care Workers (Full Time & Relief)
SOS KILKENNY Clg
SOCIAL CARE WORKERS Fulltime & Relief
Job Title: Full Time & Relief Social Care Workers in Residential Services supporting individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Intellectual Disabilities.
Job Location(s): Kilkenny City Residential Locations
Reporting To: Residential Manager / Team Leader
- Full Time (39 hours) & Relief positions to cover annual leave, sick leave and other absences as and when required.
- Shift, Evening, Overnight and Weekend work are requirements for these positions.
Salary: Min: €30,266 – Max: €43,619 per annum
(This is not an exhaustive list of all duties but is rather a guide to the role).
- Responsibility to work as part of a team to assist the people we support to lead a full life as contributing members in their own communities.
- Work as part of the team with the line manager in ensuring that service objectives are met and reviewed so as to maintain, improve and develop the service.
- Promote resident involvement, consultation and participation.
- To manage risk in a systematic way that is embedded in a culture of safety, welfare and quality of life for residents.
- To support residents to have an enjoyable and fulfilling home life.
Education & Training:
- Degree in Social Care, Social Studies, Nursing, Youth and Community Studies, Psychology or Social Work or other relevant qualification at degree level.
- Working with individuals with intellectual disability/complex needs a distinct advantage.
- Experience in delivering low arousal approaches in a person centered environment.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Awareness of key worker role & philosophy of supporting people with intellectual disabilities
- Knowledge of Health Act 2007, HIQA and National Standards.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to develop positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders in particular the people we support.
- Computer literacy
- Full Driving Licence is desirable.
Competencies and Values:
- Human Rights Based Approach.
- Resilience, Positive Attitude & Openness to Change.
- Effective Communication & Working Relationships.
- Planning and Organising.
- Innovation, Creativity & Problem Solving.
Interested applicants should e-mail an up to date Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com.
SOS Kilkenny clg is an equal opportunities employer