Society of Saint Vincent de Paul: Finance Administrator - West Region
Finance Administrator - West Region
Reference No: VA78
Location: SVP Galway, Ozanam House, St Augustine Street, Galway.
Duration: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Published: Wednesday 23rd November 2022
Closing Date: 4 pm Wednesday 07th December 2022
The prime purpose of the Finance Administrator is to provide finance administration support for the Galway Area Council though maintaining proper financial records and provide administrative support.
This is a great opportunity to join one of Ireland’s largest voluntary organisations and make a difference in your community.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- The Job holder should ideally have third level qualification or equivalent in accountancy/ finance/ business discipline is required.
- Current relevant legislation and accounting guidelines.
- A knowledge and appreciation of the Society, its ethos, mission and values.
- Knowledge of needs and issues of the poor and disadvantaged.
- A minimum of two years of accounts experience in a similar position with similar duties is required.
- Experience of using Sage and similar packages, especially of producing reports is essential.
- A minimum of one year of experience of producing board reports is desirable.
- Good accounting skills.
- Excellent organisation skills with strong attention to detail is essential.
- Strong IT skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint is essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, in individual and group situations in a professional manner.
- Excellent numerical and problem solving skills.
- Process analysis and documentation skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative, and as part of a team.
- An ability to establish and foster excellent working relationships with many different people across different functions and locations.
- An ability to contribute and make suggestions to improving policies, procedures and streamline ways of working.
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please complete the online application www.svp.ie/jobs. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted.
Why work with SVP?
- 23 days annual leave for all staff; Additional day’s leave at 5, 10, 15 & 20 years, with a cap of 27 annual leave days.
- Pension: 5% employer and employee contribution with an option to increase to 7%.
- 2 discretionary days (Good Friday & Christmas Eve)
- Group discount for Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF)
- Paid Sick Leave (following probation period with entitlement increasing with length of service)
- Education Support for job relevant courses
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave (18 weeks full maternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service & 2 weeks full paternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance – four times annual salary
- Life Appreciation Recognition: Additional one-off 5 days annual leave allocated in year that 25-, 30-, 35- & 40-years’ service achieved, plus €250 voucher
- Christmas Voucher: €250 voucher for all staff (subject to terms of policy)
- Retirement: Staff with 10+ years’ service will receive a €250 voucher on retirement
- Hybrid/Flexible Working Available
SVP support and embrace Flexible Working, including working from home, in line with the SVP Flexible Working Policy, where appropriate and subject to role requirements.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer