Possibilitiesplus: Team Member
Possibilitiesplus part of Dara Community Living designs and co-manages individualised service arrangements for people with intellectual disabilities to live an ordinary life in their community.
15 hrs/ week over 5-6 days a week – North Dublin area
Working 1:1 with a young man from his family home to support him to access ordinary activities in his local community. Has an interest in Greek mythology, music, cinema, basketball and swimming. Team member must be kind, understanding, funny, and helpful, good listener and can give good advice.
You should be:
- Able to build strong, collaborative relationships with the person they are supporting and his family.
- A good community connector, outgoing, energetic and confident about sharing practical knowledge and teaching new skills.
- Able to support the person implement their own person-centred plan.
- Calm, adaptable, intuitive and patient with a sense of humour.
- Creative, good at taking the initiative and planning in a reliable and flexible manner.
- Organized, professional with sound common sense.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft IT applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- An excellent communicator with good spoken and written English.
- A full, clean driving licence is required.
Full induction and training provided. Shortlisting will apply, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Excellent training and benefits plus regular supervision provided.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your C.V. to: