Depaul: Kitchen Assistant Relief - Cork Services
Depaul believes that everyone should have a place to call home and a stake in their community. Our aim is to work with those who are socially excluded and marginalised by providing a quality led service in order to produce the best possible outcomes for those accessing our services. We strive to empower our service users to make choices and decisions about the way they live their lives. We work in partnership with central and local government, housing associations and other non-governmental organisations.
Depaul wishes to recruit to the following role:
Kitchen Assistant Relief
Across Cork Services
Hourly rate €13.78
“As and When Required” basis - required to be available to cover shifts across a 24/7 rota (includes waking night shifts)
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to provide support to our organisation’s central services in Cork. Depaul is a values-led organisation working with a number of services throughout Dublin and Belfast. This role will report directly to the Local Management Team and will work as part of a team to ensure an excellent standard of cleanliness and hygiene in the kitchen area and to undertake a variety of kitchen duties. This is an exciting opportunity to join a diverse team of talented individuals.
2. Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work as part of a team to ensure an excellent standard of cleanliness and hygiene is maintained in the kitchen area.
- Assist and maintain good order and organisation in all aspects of the catering on site.
- Undertake a range of kitchen duties to include but not exclusively:
- The general cleaning of the kitchen involving the regular cleaning and washing of surfaces, equipment, utensils, crockery and cutlery, and specifically after meals
- The regular cleaning of the communal dining areas including tables and floors after meals and at other specified times;
- Deep clean of kitchen and dining area environment as necessary
- Taking delivery and storage of food orders.
- Working with catering team to ensure total compliance with standards, including health and safety. Ensuring all quality assurance policies and procedures are adhered to with particular attention to HACCP standards.
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles is required from time to time.
3. Person Requirements
- One Years previous catering experience required. (Essential Criteria)
- One year’s paid or voluntary experience working in the homelessness field or other similar social care setting (Desirable criteria)
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (Essential criteria)
- Working knowledge of HACCP (Desirable criteria)
- Have an understanding of Health and safety requirements in a kitchen within a residential setting
- Have an understanding of basic kitchen hygiene
- Work as part of a team
- Treat Service users with respect in line with Depaul Values
Proficient use of IT required in role, including email in a professional capacity.
Online Application Procedure:
Please download and complete the application form available on the employment page of our website
For more information, please contact Human Resources:
Tel: 00 353 1 453 7111 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all applications: Wednesday 26th October 2022
Panels will be formed from which future vacancies may be filled