Novas: Head of Operations
Head of Operations
Hours: 40 hours
Application Closing Date: 07.10.2022
- Third level qualification in the area of social care, health management, housing or related discipline.
- Experience of managing social care or related programmes.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Excellent level computer skills.
- A comprehensive understanding of the public policy and legislative environment of Irish social care or housing not for profit sector.
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle.
- Garda Vetting will be sought for this role.
It would be an advantage for the candidate to have:
- More than 5 years working at Senior Management level.
- Experience of renovating, refitting, or refurbishing properties for services.
- Proven track record of improving financial sustainability and reducing service deficits through collaboration with statuary partners via service level agreements.
- Familiarity with the National Quality Standards Framework for Homeless Services, or HIQA National Standards for Children’s Residential Centres.
- Experience of developing and managing funding applications and new service grant applications and effective budget allocation and management.
- Experience of effectively reporting to, and working with, a governance board or sub-committee.
- Experience of writing, developing and revising operational policies.
- Experience of translating strategic organisational goals into service standards and effectively communicating and implementing new practice standards with staff.
- Experience of working in, or a strong interest in the charity or not-for-profit.
If you meet these requirements and wish to apply for this role, an application form and job description can be found on the careers section of our website www.novas.ie/work-for-us. If you require any further information or wish to submit a completed application form, please email email@example.com
NOVAS is a not for profit organisation and Approved Housing Body, we work with single adults, couples and families and who are homeless or at risk of being homeless. We provide a range of services and accommodation. We have over 300 staff, and more than 30 services in Limerick, Dublin, Clare, Kerry, Cork and Tipperary including emergency homeless accommodation, transitional homeless accommodation, social housing and community based services for tenancy sustainment, homelessness prevention, mental health and recovery.
NOVAS is a Trauma Informed Practice Organisation and the principles of collaboration, diversity, respect and trust are embedded in our way of working together.
Our services are provided through support of our partners in local government through the Local Authorities, HSE, and other donors and funders.