Muscular Dystrophy Ireland: Quality Lead
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Special purpose, part-time, one-year fixed term contract with a possibility of renewal on a multi-annual basis, subject to funding
Muscular Dystrophy Ireland (MDI) is a voluntary organisation that provides support to people with neuromuscular conditions and their families. Muscular Dystrophy Ireland envisages an Ireland that enables people with neuromuscular conditions to fully participate in society and reach their full potential.
Our mission is to support people with muscular dystrophy. We do this, using a member-centred approach, by:
- Providing information and support to people with neuromuscular conditions and their families through a range of support services.
- Advocating for services and entitlements for members, and educating and informing society about the conditions.
- Supporting researchers and clinicians to carry out quality research into neuromuscular conditions.
MDI is an equal opportunities and inclusive employer.
About muscular dystrophy
Muscular dystrophy is a collective name for a range of neuromuscular conditions. It is characterised as a progressive weakening, wasting and loss of muscle mass over time. It can present at birth, childhood or manifest later in life.
Job title: Quality Lead.
Locations: Flexible – MDI Offices, Dublin 20 and remote working.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Reports to: MDI CEO.
Purpose of job
- As a member of the management team, the Quality Lead will contribute to the strategic development of a quality philosophy within MDI Services and will be responsible for leading out on a quality culture within services through supporting the operational structures of the organisation.
- This is an exciting role for a skilled professional. The successful candidate will join a growing team focused on providing strategic support for the implementation of an internal, bottom- up quality strategy and research programmes.
- A Quality Lead is being recruited in a part-time permanent capacity. The post holder will lead the development and implementation of internal standards and appropriate protocols and policies in relation to best practice service delivery.
- The post holder will support the Continuous Improvement Programme for MDI Services.
- They will support National Services Managers in identifying and implementing a Quality Assurance Programme that best supports MDI’s interventions.
- They will have a strong focus on supporting services develop a growing matrix of interventions and supports that are research-based.
- Displays leadership qualities and holds themselves and others accountable for delivery of objectives.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Has influencing and negotiating skills with the ability to build relationships, internally and externally.
- Has demonstrated ability to plan, organise and prioritise, working to optimise outputs.
- Commitment to achieving the highest standards of quality service and outcomes.
- Commitment to the vision, mission, values and strategic priorities of MDI.
- Support the design and establishment of quality frameworks for each services department in alignment with their quality objectives.
- Support the processes of the organisation so that MDI’s vision to achieve high quality outcomes for service users is achieved, measured and showcased under an internal or external quality mark.
- Support the development of a system of outcome measurement to be introduced to show service value and effectiveness, internally and externally.
- Consult with relevant internal stakeholders and champions to evaluate and design service processes.
- Provide support on all aspects of quality to the management team.
- Work with services to support a model of communication to all stakeholders on our current quality processes and guide improvements of our quality systems and adherence to operational best practice, thus guaranteeing compliance to external and internal standards as appropriate.
- Recommend continuous improvements of standards in line with legislation, regulations and best practice.
- Contribute to reviewing, maintaining and updating MDI’s risk register.
- Ensure that incident reports are completed, reviewed and followed up on.
- Contribute to the audit of training and development needs of staff.
- Support improvement activities through leading key improvement projects in services.
- Lead quality initiatives and focus groups to support knowledge and understanding of all operations.
- Promote a total-quality philosophy at all levels developing a culture of service growth and continuous improvement.
- Support the development of operational policies and procedures in compliance with current legislation, regulations and standards on an ongoing basis.
- Develop a policy/document management system.
- Ensure policies are streamlined across the organisation.
- Foster a positive culture of participation, communication, responsibility and transparency.
- Be an active member of the management, governance and quality structures.
- Contribute to and be a key support to the fostering of a learning culture that continually seeks improvement.
- Manage staff and performance, providing direction and support, reviewing personal performance and that of others.
- Prepare reports, as requested, on all aspects of the work relevant to the role.
- Maintain all records relevant to the role.
- Carry out any other duties that may be required by the organisation to fulfil the needs of the post.
Key performance indicators (KPI’s) /outcomes
The ideal candidate will:
- • Be able to develop and implement processes/systems; set targets and co-ordinate the resources necessary to deliver the tasks assigned.
- • Have insight into service needs and requirements.
- • Be able to analyse, review, and re-evaluate services as required to best meet the needs of the end user and to ensure a quality, consistent, service.
- • Be familiar with governance practices and reviews within services.
- Be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate with staff at all levels within the organisation.
- Have a strong knowledge of and practical experience with a range of qualitative and quantitative methodological research strategies.
- Be able to apply knowledge of service design approaches to design and evaluation, with the end goal of effective, sustainable services.
- Reflect on organisational processes and culture within service delivery.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a variety of service design, intervention, and evaluation methods.
- Be able to effectively communicate and present concepts and findings to a variety of audiences.
- Represent the organisation at a senior level as required to ensure that new developments and strategic objectives have a plan and can be delivered.
- Have an understanding of ethics and ethical practice as a professional.
Qualifications / experience
- A qualification in the National Framework of Qualifications or experience in quality management or outcome measurement systems.
- A degree at Level 9, in Quality or a related allied profession that would support the post holder in delivering a quality and research agenda.
- Experience in research.
- If qualified out of Ireland, the post-holder’s qualification be recognised by their relevant professional body.
- Experience of working with people with disabilities is desirable.
- Ability to understand and demonstrate commitment to MDI's equal opportunities policy and to ensure all activities are consistent with the MDI’s equal opportunities policy and values. This includes all staff activities and their interface with the general public.
- This is a special purpose, one-year fixed-term contract initially, with a possibility of renewal on a multi-annual basis, subject to funding.
- The contract is subject to a six-month probationary period.
- Secondment arrangements will be considered.
- This role is eligible for Garda vetting.
- Pension scheme available.
- 21 days annual leave (pro rata).
- Some travel is required.
Please email your CV and cover letter, to Ewa at email@example.com.
Please put ‘Quality Lead’ on the email subject line.
The closing date is extended to Friday 23rd of September 2022
Shortlisting will be applied. Phone interview screening may be necessary. Interviews will take place in September.