South Dublin County Partnership: Tutor & Facilitator Panel
Tutor & Facilitator Panel
South Dublin County Partnership seeks suitably qualified applicants for placement on a panel of tutors / trainers and facilitators for a range of part-time roles in accredited and non-accredited courses that are designed to meet individual and local community needs. We are searching for people to work with our Lifelong Learning team who have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- QQI Level 5 Healthcare Modules
- QQI Level 4 in Home Repairs and Maintenance
- QQI Level 3 Career Preparation Module
- QQI Level 3 Functional Maths
- Digital Skills/Social Media/Mobile Photography
- Return to Learning
- Study Skills
- Personal & Interpersonal Skills
Introductory Workshops or Taster Programmes
- Hospitality/Retail Skills/Customer Service
- Trade/Construction skills/DIY
- Personal Care/Development
- Introduction to DJ Skills, Music Production
Interest Based Learning Programmes
The purpose of designing learning experiences around interests is “to offer learners the opportunity to explore, encourage an intrinsic motivation to learn and inspire a passion for learning.” Interest based programmes may be:
- developed in collaboration with local community groups/organisations to further their aims and objectives
- gender based
- age specific
- promote diversity
- wellness focussed
General Role Description- Tutor & Facilitator Panel
Tutors & facilitators appointed to the panel will demonstrate a good knowledge and understanding of the ethos of adult, youth and community education. They will be required to fulfil the following duties under the overall direction of the South Dublin County Partnership (SDCP) in accordance with South Dublin County Partnership’s objectives and annual plan: Please visit our website for more information on SDCP www.sdcpartnership.ie
- Plan, develop, deliver, and assess programmes that are responsive to the needs and interests of young people and adult learners (as applicable)
- Communicate and report regularly to the programme managers or staff on planning and outcomes
- Source and develop appropriate materials for use with young people, adult learners, and groups.
- Monitor and report on the attendance and progress of young people, adult learners, and groups.
- Maintain appropriate records as required by the programme
- Attend staff meetings and participate in in-service training as required.
- Contribute to the development of an appropriate young person and adult learning environment.
Ideally, individuals would display a range of skills and experience in their chosen area of expertise and display a strong track record of developing and delivering training within a framework of best practice. Applications are especially welcome from any tutors/facilitators who have experience of working with students who have limited or no experience of the workplace or who are distanced from employment though long-term unemployment.
SDCP tutor rate is €50 per hour inclusive of material preparation and class planning. SDCP operate the standard rates per contacted session/workshop. The average rate is €250 per half day session inclusive of preplanning meeting(s) and post-session reporting on attendance and outcomes. However, depending on the nature of the work contracted, this may be negotiated lower or higher.
The successful applicants will be expected to undergo Garda vetting (if applicable) and are contracted on a self-employed basis. Successful candidates will be matched to learning programmes on a short or medium-term basis from a panel formed after initial interviews.
Applicants should pay particular attention to the essential and desirable criteria in the job description, your suitability and why you are the best candidate for this post in question.
Please send three copies of your up-to-date detailed CV (no more than 2 pages) and cover letter accompanied with completed confidential form marked Tutor & Facilitator Panel / Ref: 58/2022 to:
Administration & Operations Department, South Dublin County Partnership, Unit D1, Nangor Road Business Park, Nangor Road, Dublin 12
OR alternatively email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org – subject box to be marked Tutor & Facilitator Panel Ref: 58/2022
Closing date for receipt of applications: 2nd September 2022.
Note no late applications will be accepted.
South Dublin County Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer.