Crosscare: Social Care Worker (Bentley House) - Homeless Services
Position Title: Social Care Worker
Programme: Homeless Services
The Employer: Crosscare is the social care agency of the Dublin Diocese and is a registered charity.
Crosscare delivers services with a servant leadership ethos. Crosscare’s Homeless Services operate a range of residential services targeting adults & families experiencing homelessness. The services aim to move people out of homelessness and into homes of their own.
Work Schedule: Full Time 38.5 Hours per week
7-day rota (including evening & weekends – Days)
Contracts & Location: 6 month Fixed Term contract with a view to extension
Bentley House Dun Laoghaire
Salary: €34,125 – Band D4
Reports to: Deputy Project/Project Leader
To provide a critical service in 24-hour short term residential services to adult men, women and families experiencing homelessness. Those living with us are placed with the aim of our services assisting them to secure a long-term home whilst ensuring all supports and personal attributes required to sustain their home are put in place. We are committed to delivering the highest standard of care possible and working closely with other colleagues in care planning and case management in line with the DRHE Pathways Model.
Our services are challenging environments as we seek to achieve an inclusive approach working with people with complex issues.
This role is completely client focused consistently seeking the best outcome for those we work for.
- To implement the case management system and engage in one to one work with a specific allocated case load, from referral stage to disengagement. This includes HNA Assessment, Developing and implementing a comprehensive support plan, Updating the PASS System, advocating on behalf of the client, arranging meeting, linking the client in to appropriate services assisting each client in finding a long-term home.
- To engage with and build professional trusting relationships with individual service users and families, treating them with dignity and respect, and working within the values of Crosscare
- To carry out all duties connected with the operation of a residential service, resolving conflict, responding to health issues, premise management, taking referrals, welcoming and engaging with residents
- To liaise with and advocate to a broad range of external service providers in addition to internal services
- To work effectively as part of a team and being open to reasonable requests from Project Leader/Deputy in order to ensure effective working relationships and responses to residents
- To work within the policies of Crosscare and the standard operating procedures of the project
- To assist and contribute to the quality agenda in order to ensure that a consistent delivery of service and quality standards are adhered to in the project
- To perform all the administrative duties relating to the role in order to ensure that the project runs smoothly
- To observe all Health and Safety policies of the project and to be involved in continual quality improvement in order to ensure that the security of the building is maintained at all times day and night
- Minimum BA Degree in Applied Social Care, Addiction, Mental Health, Nursing, Psychology or equivalent full Level 7 awarded by the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) QQI
- Applicants with a minimum of 5 years employment in a directly transferable post will be considered for the post if they have completed the DCU Homeless Intervention & Prevention or Care & Case Mgmt. Certificate course and/or an NFQ Level 6 in Addiction Studies and have demonstrable additional training as detailed below
- A minimum of 1-year relevant employment working with similar client group
- Internal Candidates - A minimum of 6months relevant employment working with similar client group
- Work experience and employment in homeless services, addiction services residential services, community and/or the youth work sector.
- Additional training in:
- Mental Health
- First Aid, CPR, AED PASS
- HNA & Case Management
Closing date for applications will be 19th August 2022
Crosscare is an equal opportunities employer
Garda Vetting will apply to this role