National Association of Housing for Visually Impaired: Senior Support Worker
The National Association of Housing for Visually Impaired (NAHVI) was formed to address the long-term needs of young people with a visual impairment who may also have an additional disability e.g. learning, hearing or physical and have complex needs as a result of social, cultural, economic or emotional factors. We have exciting opportunities at NAHVI service, where we support people in Donabate. We are currently looking for a:
Senior Support Worker
39 hours per week
€31,605- €45,759 per annum (Dependant on experience)
Flexibility is key as shifts may include day, evening, weekend or sleepover shifts. The exact shift pattern will be discussed in more detail at interview.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a developing service. You will be supporting adults with a visual impairment and an additional disability in their home, helping to achieve their dreams. At times you may have to support individual with behaviours that challenge, but you will get the training and support you need to do so. As a Senior Support Worker, your role includes mentoring, coaching and acting as a strong role model for other staff in delivering a highly person-centred support.
Essential Shortlisting Criteria
- Recognised Level 7 award in Social Care/Studies
Relevant third level qualification at degree level e.g. social work, psychology, nursing and/or allied health.
Post-graduate qualification relevant to the role.
- 3 years’ experience working in a social care setting.
- Full, valid driving licence
- Previous experience of supporting someone with a learning disability, autism or acquired brain injury
- Experience of:
- assessment, development and implementation of Person-Centred Care / Support Plans
- using positive behaviour management strategies
- assessing / managing risk
- key working and advocacy
- Awareness of pathways to support people in education, employment, housing, homelessness, mental health & addiction.
- Proficiency in using standard office IT applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Full, valid driving licence or an ability to travel independently to meet the requirements of the post.
To find out more please contact Susan Foley on: email@example.com
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, explaining how you meet the above criteria by Midnight on Sunday 21st August 2022
Job Ref: SSW/NAHVI/08.22
Please note, due to current Covid-19 pandemic NAHVI must be aware of any applicants who have more than one employer, due to high risk of transmission within the sector. Please outline to if you have another employer and the nature of the work of in which you are involved. NAHVI may be unable to use staff who work elsewhere.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
Registered Charity No: CHY13759