Depaul: Finance Assistant
Depaul believes that everyone should have a place to call home and a stake in their community. Our aim is to work with those who are socially excluded and marginalised by providing a quality led service in order to produce the best possible outcomes for those accessing our services. We strive to empower our service users to make choices and decisions about the way they live their lives. We work in partnership with central and local government, housing associations and other non-governmental organisations.
Depaul is an equal opportunities employer, we offer a standard 35 hour working week, generous leave entitlements and a pension scheme. We support all staff with regular supervision and core training.
Depaul wishes to recruit to the following role:
35 hours per week
Permanent Full- Time
Hybrid Model of working from home and the office based in Dublin City Centre
Salary €28,509 per annum
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to provide support to our organisation’s Finance Team in Dublin. Depaul is a values-led organisation working with a number of services throughout Dublin and Belfast. This role will report directly to the Finance Manager and will be responsible for payroll, invoicing and service rent collection among other organisation finance tasks. This is an exciting opportunity to join a diverse team of talented individuals.
2. Key Areas of Responsibility.
- Processing the multi-frequency payroll by the set dates and liaising with relevant stakeholders on payroll-related matters. Monthly payroll folder checks, processing of monthly statutory & voluntary payments/contributions
- Processing of invoices (use of Adobe, Auto-Entry & Sage systems)
- Preparing detailed aged creditor listings on a monthly basis, reconciliation to supplier statements and preparation of payment runs
- Linking up with managers and helping with their depts./services procurement & offering advice on value for money exercise
- On site visits to project locations including collection and tracking of weekly rent payments from residents of specified projects, including checking that social welfare claims are submitted on a monthly basis, and other assistance with the accounts receivable process, as needed
- Assisting with the petty cash process, as needed
- Assisting with bank reconciliations and other aspects of banking, as needed
- Assisting with NI accounts, as needed, and
- Preparing ad hoc reports and responding to general financial queries, as requested.
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles if required from time to time.
3. Person Requirements.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a busy accounts function which must include the payroll function
- Experience using Sage Accounts, Micropay or other equivalent packages
- Ability to balance multiple tasks, working to set deadlines
- Highly accurate and detail focused, and
- Experience in the charity sector is desirable but not essential
Online Application Procedure:
Please apply though our on line application process on the vacancies page of our website
For more information, please contact Human Resources:
Tel: 00 353 1 453 7111 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all applications: Friday 19th August 2022 at 5:00pm
Panels will be formed from which future vacancies may be filled
WHY WORK FOR US?
Depaul is a cross border charity supporting some of the most marginalised individuals, couples and families experiencing homelessness. Our mission is to end homelessness and change the lives of those affected by it. Would you like to help us to meet our mission?
We are a values led organisation and aim, at all times, to live and breathe these values in our everyday work. Our values are based on four key principles:
- We celebrate the potential of people
- We put our words into action
- We aim to take a wider role in civil society
- We believe in rights and responsibilities
If you choose to work for Depaul we offer:
Comprehensive induction – all new staff are provided with a robust induction and probationary period to equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to carry out your role.
Exciting training initiatives – we have extensive training courses staff can avail of, here are just a few
- Depaul’s Vision, Mission and Values course, this involves travel to meet the Depaul International family.
- Emerging Leaders, supporting workers that would like to develop their leadership skills and to progress to a management role.
- Online learning resources within Depaul’s award nominated online learning platform, Moodle.
- Mandatory training including, MAPA, Health and Safety, Child Protection, Fire Safety, and First Aid
Support – We have a supervision model that means you will receive one to one time with your line manager on a 4-6 week basis. The purpose of supervision is to have a holistic approach; it is not just about supporting you to reach your goals and potential it is also about your wellbeing. It is encouraged to be a two way process, so you have opportunity to feedback to your manager about how supported you feel.
Expolink - We understand it can be difficult for you to bring sensitive workplace issues to our attention. We also recognise that giving you the opportunity to report your concerns to an independent organisation, whilst protecting your identity, may make it easier for you to speak up.
HSF Health – Each staff member gets access to a health cash plan so you can claim money back, up to set limits, on a number of treatments. this includes dental, optical, acupuncture and many more. Your children under 16 are also included on the plan.
Employee Assistance Programme (Spectrum Life) – EAP is a confidential counselling service that provides support to company employees and their family. It is available 24/7, 365 days a year covering; Counselling, legal advice, financial information, career guidance, life coaching, mediation, health information, cancer support, autism support, infertility and pregnancy loss, elder care support, parent coaching and international employee support.
Enhanced terms and conditions – 35-hour working week, 25 days annual leave plus 10 statutory holidays, occupational sick pay, occupational maternity pay, income protection insurance and contributory pension. Both annual leave and occupational sick pay increase with length of service.