Focus Ireland: Project Worker - Childer’s Road Family Initiative
Project Worker CRIFI
Location: Childer’s Road Family Initiative (CRFI), Limerick
Contract: Full time, Specific Purpose Contract
To work as a member of the Housing Support Services Team providing Housing support and management for families accessing the Childer’s Road Family Initiative(CRFI).
What you will do:
- Work within the framework of the overall objectives of Focus Ireland.
- To work as a member of the support Team based in Limerick.
- To work under the supervision and direction of the Project Leader.
- To Key Work a number of the families in CRFI. This work involves working on an individual basis on issues, which they have identified as problematic. These include bereavement, addiction, relationships, self-awareness and esteem, home making, move on options etc.
- To liaison with other agencies involved and make referrals as appropriate.
- To liaise with outside Agencies to establish appropriate support to meet the identified needs of Residents to enable independent living.
- To maintain records in accordance with Focus Ireland Policy.
- To provide written reports as required.
- To ensure that each Resident’s Apartment is maintained to a reasonable standard and that the residents’ responsibility in reporting of repairs maintenance is carried out.
- To liaise and work effectively with the other divisions in Focus Ireland in relation to organisational procedures and policies in areas such as personnel, finance and administration, research, development, education, public awareness and services.
- To keep records on all aspects of the work.
- To become familiar with and utilise the Database and MIP systems.
- To liaise effectively with other project staff, and other staff across the organisation in relation to service delivery to customers.
What you will need:
- A third level qualification in the area of social care i.e. youth work, social studies, addiction, psychology etc
- Proven extensive experience working in a social care setting
- Experience of working as part of a team.
- Experience of working in housing or homelessness
- Understanding of basic issues re: homelessness.
- Advocacy and liaising with other agencies.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to cope with and manage Lone Working including out of hours work.
- Full driver’s license with access to car.
- Experience of professional supervision.
- Key-working experience.
- Group work experience, particularly facilitation.
To apply please submit your CV & Cover Letter Here
Closing date for applications: 12.00pm, 17th August 2022
Focus Ireland is an equal opportunities employer