Focus Ireland: Project Worker (Part-Time) - Chéad Chéim
Location: Chéad Chéim 494 North Circular Road
Contract: Part Time (29 Hours), Permanent
To provide care and support for the young people resident in the project as they prepare for independent living.
What you will do:
- To advocate on behalf of residents for housing, social work, social welfare/ financial, education, training and legal rights.
- To liaise with and make referrals to relevant outside agencies.
- To provide individual support and keyworking to residents of the Project.
- To assist young people in finding suitable move-on accommodation.
- To facilitate group work sessions for residents of the Project when necessary.
- To assist in maintaining a good standard of hygiene in the general upkeep of the Project (including resident accommodation).
- To attend Project, Team, Divisional and Agency meetings as required.
- To maintain accurate and up to date case records, client files and statistics.
- To assist in the evaluation of the Aftercare Residential Project.
- To implement the policies, procedures and standards of the Aftercare Residential Project and of Focus Ireland, as well as the National Leaving & Aftercare Policy.
- To assist in the implementation of the settlement policies and strategies of Focus Ireland.
- To work in close liaison with and co-operate with other Focus Ireland projects, and other appropriate services which the young person may be engaging with.
- In consultation, to undertake other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Project Leader, Team leader or Section Manager.
- To provide assistance with the referral procedures of the project when requested.
- To liaise with and inform the Project Leader & Team leader, on a regular basis, of issues arising from work with individual cases.
What you will need:
- Degree in social care or related field.
- Experience of key-working clients or individual case-work.
- Experience of managing challenging behaviour.
- Relevant work experience working with young people in care or marginalised young people.
- Good understanding of the issues affecting young people leaving care and in aftercare.
- Understanding of Child Protection
- Report writing skills
- A working knowledge and understanding of therapeutic crisis intervention model.
To apply please submit your CV & Cover Letter Here
Closing date for applications: 12.00pm, 17th August 2022
Focus Ireland is an equal opportunities employer