IRD Duhallow: Social Farming Programme Facilitator
Social Farming Programme Facilitator
Duhallow Social Farming Initiative aims to provide social farming opportunities for people across the spectrum of disability and mental ill health where host farmer families will be supported to provide a programme of farming related activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinate Duhallow Social Farming Initiative with the following duties:
- Plan and implement the new IRD Duhallow Social Farming Initiative;
- Recruit project participants and host farmers through promotion and public awareness
- Support the communication links between host farmers, participants and their guardians, service providers and IRD Duhallow.
- Establish realistic, measurable targets that are properly tracked and evaluated
- Assist farmers in accessing additional supports and funding where necessary.
- Work in a professional manner to ensure the welfare and safety of the participants and hosts
- Implement the initiative in line with Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons at Risk of Abuse – National Policy and Procedures.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with farmers, health /social service providers.
- Work in an integrated manner with other team members within IRD Duhallow
- Carry out risk assessments and manage risks and report to Team Leader
- Maintain accurate records of work and report to Management, Working Group and Board
The candidate should possess:
- Third Level Qualification QQI Level 8 or higher or Professional Qualification.
- A background or qualification in Agriculture and Farm Related Activities
- Experience in Rural Development/ Health and Social Care and the issues pertaining to both the service users – project participants and farming families.
- The interpersonal and communication skills necessary to establish trusting relationships with all stakeholder groups and encourage engagement with the service.
- Good organizational skills both for own work and network/events within the region.
- Influencing and negotiating skills, Facilitation or Training Skills
- Excellent presentation skills & proficiency in IT.
- Flexible and professional approach to work
- Information management and report writing
- Be able to work on their own and as part of a team
- Full clean driving Licence with own.
Application to include Cover Letter and Current CV to:
Forward CV to Maura Walsh
Applications must be received by 26th August 2022 at 5pm