Depaul: Deputy Manager
Depaul believes that everyone should have a place to call home and a stake in their community. Our aim is to work with those who are socially excluded and marginalised by providing a quality led-service in order to produce the best possible outcomes for those accessing our services. We strive to empower our service users to make choices and decisions about the way they live their lives. We work in partnership with central and local government, housing associations and other non-governmental organisations.
Depaul is an equal opportunities employer, we offer a 35 hour working week, generous leave entitlements and a pension scheme. We support all staff with regular supervision and core training.
Depaul wishes to recruit to the following role:
Salary €39,378.24 per annum,
Full-Time / 35 hours per week
All Dublin Services
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to provide support to our organisation’s central services in Dublin. Depaul is a values-led organisation working with a number of services throughout Dublin and Belfast. This role will report directly to a Project Group Manager and will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day local management of service delivery. This is an exciting opportunity to join a diverse team of talented individuals.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for provision of staff support, supervision and training and manage staff performance through probation, JARS and supervision
- To manage all service user processes (adequate key working, referral, resettlement etc.) through the team
- To manage the staff rota and ensure adequate cover for project
- In conjunction with the LMT and the PGM ensure service policies and procedures are established and operating correctly and communicated to teams
- Responsible together with the PGM and the LMT for ensuring the project operates as defined by the Health and Safety Statement.
- Responsible for overseeing building maintenance and that repairs are attended to and ensure health & safety standards relating to the building are managed
- Be involved in financial planning for project, manage the project budget with LMT, prepare monthly payroll and ensure cash procedures are followed
- Develop/manage an operational and well-functioning staff team and ensure team meetings & case conferences are undertaken, run/ participate in the planning and delivery of staff team days and review days as required (to be carried out in conjunction with the PGM)
- Oversee the management and support of volunteers within the project
- Facilitate the requirements of F&C team and liaise with project staff as required.
- Participate in on-call rota
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles is required from time to time.
- 2 years’ experience working in the homelessness field, ideally in a direct access context
- Experience of low threshold harm reduction services (desirable)
- Understanding of the key issues relating to managing a residential setting
- Ability to use initiative, apply sound decision making skills, including the ability to act calmly in emergencies and respond in a professional manner to challenging and stressful situations
- Ability to manage service users with complex needs and challenging behaviours
- Ability to ensure that Health and Safety procedures are adhered to
- Ability to motivate staff in the provision of services to homeless people
Proficient use of IT required in role, including email in a professional capacity.
Online Application Procedure: Please complete our online application process available on our website
For more information, please contact Human Resources:
Tel: 00 353 1 453 7111 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all applications: Friday 8th July at 5:00pm
Panels will be formed from which future vacancies may be filled