Pobal: Support Officer – Pre-Contract
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Role Support Officer – Pre-Contract
Unit Community Operations
Directorate Community Support & Services
Reporting to Pre-Contract Co-Ordinator
Working as part of a team the Support Officer is responsible for ensuring all administration systems within the Directorate are operating and reporting to the highest possible standard. They will also liaise with colleagues on an inter/intra-Directorate basis to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of all tasks/activities.
This job description outlines the core responsibilities of the role, which involves supporting the operational activities and day-to-day duties. It will also involve assisting with the development of best practice in processes, procedures and systems and ensuring highest possible standard is maintained.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Support and ensure efficient and effective processing of the applications, appraisal and contracting processes;
- Financial administration supports particularly in relation to administration checks as part of the application process;
- Implement and maintain efficient & effective administrative systems;
- Ensure all information is stored and updated accordingly e.g. update of systems; data entry etc;
- Provide administrative back up and support to all aspects of the central operations team;
- Assist in the identification and reporting of issues and complete follow up activities in relation to all relevant tasks.
Support & Services
- Engage in daily support and communications within the team so that all task and actions are actioned and resolved in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner;
- Point of support for other team members as required;
- Responsible for internal/external queries and information requests;
- Administer and monitor mailbox management; coordinate and respond to queries and information requests, as appropriate in relation to operational activities;
- Support and work well within the team and with other colleagues;
- Work in collaboration with the team to ensure smooth and efficient operations of the central team;
- Contribute to staff meetings and other internal meetings with appropriate content, views and suggestions;
- Ensure accuracy of information and data at all times on all platforms and support any quality improvement processes in this regard.
- Maintain and update systems, run relevant reports;
- Check the accuracy of data and reconcile all systems;
- Prepare and collate data for general reports;
- Monitor data submitted and notify errors or omissions and notify any significant issues to appropriate team members.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and flexible/adaptable;
- Establish good working relationship with stakeholders across all areas e.g. organisations, grantees, funders, other Pobal Directorates.
- Any other duties within the general requirements of the role that may be assigned as appropriate for the grade.
Communication Skills – Level 2
Teamwork – Level 2
Customer Service & Support – Level 2
Analytical Skills – Level 2
Attention to Detail – Level 2
Corporate Writing Skills – Level 2
Building & Maintaining Relationships – Level 2
Flexibility & Adaptability – Level 2
Problem Solving & Decision Making – Level 2
Organisation awareness – Level 2
- Several year’s administration experience - or see Qualifications section
- Strong organisational skills
- Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and Dynamics CRM
- Strong understanding of data management and systems
- Excellent communication skills and ability to instruct on technical topics
- Knowledge of workings of the community/voluntary/public sector
- Relevant third level qualification (e.g. Certificate, Diploma) or equivalent is essential.
Terms & Conditions of Employment
Pobal’s Grade 1 Salary scale is €26,186 to €40,494 per annum
- Duration of Contract
The contract is for up to 30th June 2023 to cover Maternity Leave
A probationary period of six months will apply
Pobal operates a defined contribution pension scheme. Employees have access to the scheme on successful completion of their six- month probationary period
- Annual Leave
Annual leave will be 26 working days, exclusive of public holidays pro-rated for the contract
- Travel & Subsistence
Travel and subsistence will be paid at public sector rates
- Location of the position
The successful candidate will be located in the Sligo or Monaghan offices with blended working an option
Selection will involve short listing of applicants for interview based on the criteria for the position as outlined in this job description and person
How to apply
Pobal is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes suitably qualified applicants from all sections of society