Pobal: Senior Financial Analyst
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Role Senior Financial Analyst
Unit Financial Control Unit (FCU)
Directorate Financial Operations
Reporting to Finance Control Team Leader
Role Purpose/ Summary
Responsible for the preparation, analysis, validation, interpretation, and delivery of timely and accurate financial and activity information regarding programme service planning, resource management and control, costing, budgeting and variance analysis.
Key Responsibility Areas
Financial Analysis – Service Financial Planning & Control
- Preparation, analysis, validation, interpretation, and delivery of timely and accurate financial and activity information to executive and business management teams.
- Preparation of the annual administration budget (income and expenditure) and twice annual budget reforecasts.
- Engage with budget holders and key stakeholders to understand and deliver information requirements including budgeting, costing, financial and statistical data, and variance analysis.
- Work closely with team leader and Chief Finance Officer in operational and business planning.
- Provision of knowledge, insight and learning to enable robust financial forecasting, preparation of budgets and variance analysis.
- Prioritisation of activities to ensure adherence to deadlines
- Assisting and Deputising for Team Leader as required
- Preparation of financial reports for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Development of reports for management on specific programme financial and activity requirements
- Highlight key trends in metrics and provide insight and comparison across the business
- Critical analysis of information leading to timely decision making Project Management, Risk Management & Governance
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of up-to-date policies and procedures as they relate to this area of work.
- Assist in the effective management of risks identified through the overall company Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process.
- Lead and/or contribute to a wide variety of both Company and FCU projects or initiatives as they arise
- Identifying and driving process improvements
- Work closely with the FCU team to ensure accurate financial reporting and decision support
- Establish good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with other directorates to ensure a consistent approach to financial resource planning and control
- Line management responsibility for a small number of staff.
- Lead, motivate and develop staff as appropriate
- Determine, develop, and deliver training as appropriate to Pobal staff
- General HR, Learning and Development, performance management as required.
- Any other duties within the general requirements of this job description which may be required from time to time
- Be self-motivated, proactive, and flexible/adaptable
- Contribute to staff meetings and other internal meetings with appropriate content, views, and suggestions.
Analytical Skills – Level 2
Building & Maintaining Relationships – Level 2
Problem Solving & Decision Making – Level 2
Leadership & Management – Level 2
Communication Skills – Level 2
Attention to Detail – Level 2
Customer Service & Support – Level 2
Corporate Writing Skills – Level 2
Flexibility & Adaptability – Level 2
Organisation awareness – Level 2
- Proven strong financial analysis and reporting t experience and knowledge.
- Proven strong budgeting and costing experience and knowledge.
- Proficiency in advance Microsoft excel, familiarity with CRM and SharePoint, and other business intelligence tools.
- Proficient in other MS packages e.g. Word, Outlook, Access
- Knowledge of workings of the community/voluntary/public sector
- Knowledge of Government Accounting Regulations
- Knowledge of project management methodologies
- Drivers licence & provision of car for business purposes
- Relevant third level qualification (e.g. Certificate, Diploma) or equivalent is essential.
Terms & Conditions of Employment
Pobal’s Grade 3 Salary scale is €50,849 to €64,037 per annum
A probationary period of six months will apply
Pobal operates a defined contribution pension scheme. Employees have
access to the scheme on successful completion of their six- month
5. Annual Leave
Annual leave will be 26 working days, exclusive of public holidays pro-rated
for the contract
6. Travel & Subsistence
Travel and subsistence will be paid at public sector rates
7. Location of the position
The successful candidate will be located preferably in the Dublin or Monaghan office with blended working an option
Selection will involve short listing of applicants for interview based on the criteria for the position as outlined in this job description and person specification.
How to apply
Pobal is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes suitably qualified applicants from all sections of society